LifeBreath Clean Air Furnace

Hi there,

We're looking for a furnace replacement. A contractor came up with the Lifebreath Clean Air Furnace which gets its heat from an existing hot water tank. See

anyone have experience with such a system? Does this system put extra constraints on the watertank; max. temperature, burner capacity etc? It can get really cold in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Would such a system provide enough heat? We live in a moderate size townhouse (approx 135 m2).

Menno

Reply to
Menno

"What will they think of next?" bahaha Rheem did a system like that way back, except for the ERV/HRV part. Most Ive seen are in small condos. Most 50gal gas water heaters have a max 40K btu input. You'll need a water heater specially designed for that application if you want 60K+ btu or more. The water side of the coil needs to be valved and flushed properly each year to keep it working properly. When it klunks out on you, you'll have no heat in your home and no hot water in your shower. To me that would suck in the Canuck area. Id pick something to heat my home and something totally separate to heat my water. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Unless it's a nice 90+ boiler. :-)

Reply to