Letter I sent to Trane on my furnace and their reply

This is a letter I sent to Trane and later called and spoke to LaTresa Green, she said she would pass my message on to the proper department. I called the (330) number today; but have not received a reply yet. I posted this to see if anyone else has had problems with the blowers on their furnaces with my model number. It has actually been 4 motors I forgot to include the one that originally came with the furnace; so I have had to pay for 2 out of the 4 motors the last one cost me $290.00 with the service call fee. Thank God they did not charge me labor also.
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:24:58 -0500 Dear Ms. Oravek: Thank you for visiting our web site. I appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Our regional Trane wholesale distributor maintains a relationship with local independent Trane dealers and provides them product support and technical assistance. They are empowered to address product and dealer matters in their territory. Please contact our regional Trane wholesale distributor, UNITED AUTOMATIC HEATING SUPPLY 10040 AURORA HUDSON RD POST OFFICE BOX 7100 STREETSBORO, OH 44241-7100 Phone: (330)463-1280 Ms. Mary Roark may be able to assist you and your local independent Trane dealer with this matter. I appreciate your contact and your choice of our products. Sincerely, Customer Relations Department -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Lou Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:05 PM To: snipped-for-privacy@trane.com Subject: Trane Contact form We have received the following feedback.
Date: 8/1/2006 2:05:01 PM From: Louann Oravec Title: Company: Type of firm: Address: Address: City: XXXXXXXX State: Ohio Zip: 44105 County/Parish: Country: 169 E-mail: XXXXXX Daytime Phone: XXXXXXX Fax: Model Number 1: tuco80b942a1 Serial Number 1: s633506855 Install Dealer Name: XXXXXXXX Install Dealer Phone: XXXXXXX Comments: We have had our furnace since 1992. I really enjoy it. The problem I have is the blower motor. 1: 2/8/93 Blower speed lowered (warranty) 2: 3/29/93 noise in blower- grill making humming noise(warranty). 3: 12/26/1998 installed 1/2 horse blower motor $105.00 4: 7/12/99 installed 1/2 horse blower motor (warranty) 5: 08/01/2006 installed blower motor -Today the motor will cost me $200.+ and labor costs. WHY ARE THE MOTORS FAILING ON MY FURNACE? This is the third motor. This is ridiculous. -- end of message --
Maybe your installer and/or You do not understand the dynamics of static pressure and proper unit and duct sizing. Too Bad. Bubba

YOU LIVE IN CLEVELAND/GARFIELD HEIGHTS OHIO?

ha ha ha. so the manufacturer is at fault because a brain-dead moron butchered the installation of a Trane furnace in your house??
You say the furnace was installed in '92, and the first service call was in '93 and they lowered the blower speed because the return air grill was humming ???
An intelligent person would have deduced the return duct & grill was was too damn small and would have increased both in size, instead of futzing with the blower speed. Then again, maybe the contractor smelled a cash cow, and figured a way to milk it for awhile.
I do not blame the installer for this problem, my parents and I have dealt with them for years and have NEVER had a problem. I blame the manufacturer as I heard this furnace has had problems with this motor which fits in only one furnace; which has been discontinued. I have reported them to the Better Businees Bureau.
wheres the letter, wheres the reply
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

We cant help it if you and your installer are that stupid. Bubba
Bubba; sound like an appropriate name. Bubba wrote:

On 19 Nov 2008 19:16:38 GMT, aantony_at_browse4less_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (aantony) wrote:

And you think that said company actually gives a rats ass about what you think why exactly? What a tard. I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.