Lennox pulse 21

Hey Group
It's a lennox pulse mounted horizonally in about a three ft. high crawl space. I think this'll be it's 8th season to heat........ maybe ten ?? It's been a pretty good replacement for the old oil burner that i'd gotten 20 years average service out of .... But .... it's not been completely trouble free either :-( In the past four years it's had three grimlins in it. No ....... one repeated it's self.
I need to say that I had my programmable Emerson thermostat ( bought in '93 ) that was used on the oil burner installed on the Lennox when I the furnaces were swapped.
Now ..... Into about the third year of service, my Gas / Appliance dealer sold out to a larger company ??............. along about then is when the blower on the Lennox started to ocasionally "run on " , best I remember we couldn't stop it running at the thermostat ........ had to go kill the main power at the breakerbox. I got up with the ex-dealer and he told me to put a couple drops of oil on the limit switch shaft where it turns in it's pivots ........ This seemed to help, but by that time heating season was over, and the Moncrief AC, combined with the Lennox blower did a great job all summer.
Then I believe I had a trouble free heating season.?? That gets me to last year, more than once I'd have to tinker with the thermostat and finally the main breaker to get the burner going.
Again a trouble free cooling season in '06
Now, into this heating season,'06 / '07 the burner is failing to start again. I've replaced the old Emerson programmable thermostat three weeks ago with a solid state non programmable "Hunter" Thermostat.
Now, ocassionally, without touching the thermostat, I've had to go to the main breaker box, shut the power off and back on........ wait for the min.or two for the burner to fire and run ??
Hope I've not left anything out ?? .... The need for turning off of the power is what's puzzling me ??
Any Ideas out there?
Much Obliged :-)
" WHITEOAK "

I'm gonna tell you what I think and then you can go away without getting pissy.
I think you installed the lennox Pulse... if you would care to do a simple search, you find that they are very problematic and a nice living for us HVAC techs.
Second, its in a 3 ft crawl... bad move
Third, it hasn't been properly set up or serviced by an actual *competent* tech.
Forth, Emerson made POS stats and Hunter makes decent ceiling fans, but their thermostats suck worse than what you had in the first place.
Here's my advice... Get a decent furnace, get it out of the crawl, have it installed by a *competent*, licensed HVAC tech, and have the tech install a Honeywell stat.
You asked, and you got what you paid for
Have a nice day
Noon-Air wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First off ..... I won't be pissy. Enough pissy folks out there just waiting to show their asses!!
Now.. No ... I didn't install my Lennox furnace. I was out earning money to have it done professionally, by Parsons Gas and Appliance Co. established in 1948. Before selling, owned and operated by the third and fourth generation of the owners !! *competent*, licensed !! You've got to be kidding ?? HUMMM ?? That's reccomendation enough for most folks.
Three ft.Crawl space ?? The house was purchased unfinished, I wasn't too found of putting a furnace there but was assured by the first and second installers that the crawl-space was so dry It "would not" be a factor . ( it's dusty dry the year round )
The EMERSON POS thermostat ?? Hell .... It's a "WHITE RODGERS !! Branded "Emerson" !! White Rodgers are pretty reputable ... and ... it hasn't been proven faulty!
As for the Hunter thermostat ?? That was an impluse buy, but it hasn't been proven bad either !! Honeywell .... they're OK too ...... over-rated, but OK.
THANKS
OH !! BTW. I still have no idea why the furnace fires and runs after the electric is interrupted, but I'll get a SERPER TECH to investigate :-)
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!
"WHITEOAK"

I'd really like to see some pics of your wife's and daughter's tits.

"Life's a bitch". Get over it. Call a tech that knows how to service oil. While you're at it..........replace the furnace, air conditioner and thermostat. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

What does a oil burner tech have to do with a Lennox pulse gas furnace?
On 31 Dec 2006 05:20:54 -0800, "Power's Mechanical"

I guess you miissed his whole post. Read it again. It is a total mish mash of chit. He is doing it all himself. He even puts oil on the shaft of his fan/limit control?? Then there is more babbling about his ac. He thinks his breaker and stat is his problem so he changes his stat?? Seems perfectly normal to me to go find an oil tech to work on his gas appliance. Its all about "cheap". Are you following along now? Bubba
Bubba wrote:

Yeah your being the typical asshole that you normally are..
On 31 Dec 2006 06:45:06 -0800, "Power's Mechanical"

Glad you noticed. Now go fuck yourself. Then when you're finished you can "Blow Me". Bubba
Bubba wrote:

Pretty sensivitive for a crook arent ya.
On 31 Dec 2006 10:07:14 -0800, "Power's Mechanical"

Not at all. I just think you should go fuck yourself. Not too hard to comprehend is it? Bubba
I bet $$$$$ someone keeps pissing in bubbas Cherrios, HAR-HAR-HAR !! HE pisses and moans more than that bunch of dimwits on CB radio !!
uncabud

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 16 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!
Johnny,
Yeah, Bubba seems more than a little grouchy the past week or so. Normally his wit has some humor in it. He is a "hard worker".
But speaking of wit, please watch what you say about dimwits, OK? You want to hurt my feelings? :-)
After last night, the only feelings I have is a severe headache and Hershey squirts.
Happy New Year.