Lennox Heater Fan Update..

Page 1 of 2
Let me apologize for the wording of my original message.
I thought it was odd that the fan would malfunction the first time the heater came on in the morning but would then function properly after that.
I did go into the heater and found a small amount of spider web and what looks to be a analog switch with a circular dial with the words Fan Limit on it's face.
I gently vacuumed up the spider web and two dead spiders and then used my canned air to blow around and into the Fan Limit switch.
This morning, the heater fan worked as it did three days ago.
--
JD..

JD
It is unlikely that a "spider web" interfered with the Fan / Limit control. I think the Honeywell control may be weakening as time has passed and is a little sticky. It is a helical coil type sensor and they will overtime become less and less effective. Instead of wishing for it to 'fix' itself, why not get a qualified HVAC service person out there, and replace the control. They're really not that expensive. Your fan will not run unnecessarily and you won't burn up the furnace by messing with the limit part of the control. Oh, and replace the air filter more often. Insufficient air can cause premature control failure.
--
Zyp

"JD" < snipped-for-privacy@example.invalid> wrote in message
Zephyr wrote:

Thank you. I will continue to study the situation and take the appropriate action.
Aprilaire air filter is checked monthly and replaced when it is dirty.
--
JD..

Canned air....
HAhahahaha...
You ACTUALLY *think* you fixed it. LOL

(short for "Blow-Job")

Sorry dude, spider webs aren't the problem. I told you the problem. Take out the fan limit control. It will have either a 5", 8" or 11" insertion. Order and replace that part. Make sure you remove the brass jumper if you have 24v. Make sure you havn't bypassed the high limit when your done.
Your existing control is sticking in the closed position. It's not more complicated then that. Hit the furnace, it will open.
-Canadian Heat
danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com wrote:

All I know is it didn't stick this morning so lets see how it works tomorrow morning? I have located a fan limit control so it the sticking returns then I will follow your advice. Thanks!
--
JD..

You didn't check this for Grammar errors did you?
I see now that your diagnosis skills are not the only thing that's not up to par.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Oh, now I feel bad. Not need to check for grammar errors, people that speak English call it a "typo". You tell me, does that break your hart or brake your heart?
By the way, my mail program doesn't have a grammar checker. People that gradiaded from the fifth grade know the difference between brake and break, you're and your, their, they're and there. You've already demonstrated that you don't!
--
JD..

up to

You were the one to pick at grammar errors on Noon-Air's post first.... don't like it when others point out yours?
BTW, my furnace is working just fine...
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

It's not grammar, those are typos. And my furnace is working fine also!
--
JD..

That's why you're still here?
It's tru, KY is a dumb fuck! Or is it true?
HAHA
-Canadian Heat
holy fuck KY you are pathetic...do you actually work or sit at a computer all day.
Do you always correct people's english, maybe you should get a job as an english teacher. I hear China is hiring.
HAHA
-Canadian Heat
On 17 Apr 2007 20:53:33 GMT, DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Speaking of which............ where did you learn yours, DANgER? Start out holy with a capital (Holy). Then "do" should also be capitalized. You need a question mark at the end of "day" (?) english should be capitalized (English) then add a period (.) "maybe" should be capitalized (M). Again, you need a question mark after teacher. (?) I guess they don't teach "english" in trailer parks? Bubba
wow, 1 word bubbs!
OBSESSED
HAHA
-Canadian Heat
"DANgER" <"danger"@heat.com wrote in message

You're the one that's out looking for his photo.
Now WHO'S the one with the obsession?
On 17 Apr 2007 21:18:00 GMT, DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Two words DANgER.
"BAD SPERM"
You Mamma should have wiped that off her ass and flushed it down the toilet Bubba
HAHAHA bugga!
You can stop crying now. I can't help it if I'm smarter then you. You post like a 12 year old. Ever wonder why every visitor to this forum thinks your a dumb ass? It's cause you are a dumb ass. You try to hide your incompetency with rudeness. You should be proud of the 2 or 3 followers you have here. You guys all compliment each other nicely.
Your mistake is to think I care what any of you think. People post problems, and I post what I think the problem and cause are. I find it challenging, and I like helping people.
You actually respond to every single post, without ever offering one single bit of help. HAHAHAHA It makes most people here laugh, you mistake it for support. Your a clown. You are bitter, that you are at the bottom. You try to take it out on people, from the safety of your parents basement. Your a coward! I seriously can't believe how much time you and your bitches waste here, accomplishing nothing.
HAHAHA bubbs, you are entertaining indeed!
LOSERS!
-Canadian Heat
"DANgER" <"danger"@heat.com wrote in message

Glad you said *think* since you don't *know*.
LOL