Lennox G23Q2 furnace ignition problem

This furnace is about 9 years old and has worked flawlessly until recently. The first thing I noticed was the draft motor was continuously running and lack of green LED on ignitor control. Reset the furnace by cycling power and observed the operation. It went through two cycles just fine. Only thing I noticed was the ignitor continued to fire a few seconds after the burner was lit (figured this is probably normal). When it went to start the third cycle, the ignitor fired, I momentarily saw a flame from the "pilot" tube, then ignition was aborted. Each successive ignition attempt yielded no visible "pilot" flame at all, then it went into lockout. I cycled power again, and this time it started right up. Any clues? Hoping this is a simple fix. Thanks in advance.
427Cobraman wrote:

9 years old

draft motor

LED
ignitor control

You need a new furnace.
Actually - you need an OLD furnace.

Actually, HVAC Gay Guy hasnt a clue but does like to whine and cry a lot. Id suggest calling a reputable dealer and start by having it serviced more than once every 9 years. Bubba

I removed the flame detector and cleaned it with some emery cloth. Reinstalled it and it's been running great all day. Stopped in and picked up a new detector ($22!) to have handy just-in-case.
Bubba wrote:

HVAC Gay Guy actually cries like a little school girl.
--
Zyp

Old furnace.

Yup... I got a clue.... Maybe after 9 years its time to have it checked and serviced by a pro.