Lennox Condensor fan-Capacitor

Condensor fan will not come on. Low humming noise coming from condensing unit when system is running. I am assuming it's probably the capacitor since the unit is only 4 years old. So, other than looking at the capacitor, is there a way to know what would be the correct voltage for a Lennox ACC series condensing unit capacitor? 370 or 440 ? I am not at home right now and I would like to find out where I can get the correct one.

Reply to
e62836

Can't tell you a thing without model and serial numbers BTW... if its only 4 years old, its probably still under warranty unless you screwed with it.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Get the higher one. Will work in both cases.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That noise you are hearing may be the compressor.

Your best bet is to call a Lennox dealer and have a service tech. come and check your system. You may have lost the condensing fan motor. So just shut down the A/C until the service tech arrives.

Do not attempt to work on it if you do not know what you are doing because you can cause more problems.

Reply to
Moe Jones

It just galls me to have to pay someone a $79 "diagnostic fee" $20 labor and $98 for the part when they are working on it for a total of

15 m> That noise you are hearing may be the compressor.
Reply to
e62836

The diagnostic fee is for labor only in most cases. After they trouble shoot the problem they will give you a quote for fixing it. The quote could be T&M or a fixed price.

If you change out a part and your wrong you could do more damage in the long run.

Why don't you check into some type of insurance for your A/C?

Reply to
Moe Jones

Reply to
e62836

Oh Geez! You're not another one of those fuquering "brainiacs" that got charged $100 to change your dirty air filter because you were too stupid to know how to do it yourself, are you? I dont like paying $3.09 a gallon for gas either but guess what junior? That's the way the world goes round. If you dont like it, stick a gun in your mouth and do us all a favor. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yep, I know that feeling. I feel the same about dentists. But, there (should be) a lot of training and diagnostic ability that the tech brings into the picture. Should, that is. I wonder some times.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

$40?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

OK. Think about what you just said.... How much would YOU charge ME to learn a trade, buy a truck, shelving, corresponding tools, licensing fees, insurance,course upgrades, manuals,etc..., then drive over to my house, figure out what's wrong with my system, go get the part (even if I have one on the truck, I still had to go get it sometime), install the part, then warrant it if it fails prematurely. Huh? How much would YOU charge ME? $10?? Maybe $20?? And how long do you think you'd stay in business? I wonder if your boss is "galled" every time he hands you a paycheque.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw