Leak from suction line of my Heat pump

I have a water leak from the suction line right at the place where it gets into the air handler. There was a putty around the pipe from which the water is leaking. When I removed the putty which was already loose, I see that there is an air leak as well. I am not sure what is the problem here and also there is some rust around the area where the insulated pipe gets into the air handler.

Not sure how big problem is this. Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve.

Reply to
Steve

Update: The leak is where the pipe enters the coil. So, I put the putty back and also put duct tape all around it and no air leak and water leak so far. It's been almost 15 minutes now. I set the thermostat at 75 such that the air conditioning runs for a while and also put a tissue paper to see if there is any leak. Will update tomorrow morning.

I am still not sure if the air leak is a concern that I just stopped it. I am sure it's coming from the blower but not sure.

Thanks > I have a water leak from the suction line right at the place where it

Reply to
Steve

Instead of screwing around with something you obviously don't know anything about, you need to be calling you local tech.

I am still not sure if the air leak is a concern that I just stopped it. I am sure it's coming from the blower but not sure.

Thanks > I have a water leak from the suction line right at the place where it

Reply to
Steve

You might prepare for the worst by ordering life jackets for the family.

Reply to
Alexander

Hmm, Are you sure it IS water, not oil? Sound funny.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yes. It is water. Definitely not oil.

Reply to
Steve

Normally, suction lines carry freon, not water. However, they do get cold, so they have condensate.

Please provide a bit more details, the problem isn't quite clear.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's been an interesting thread, watching Steve give Steve advice.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe one of those hydrionic coolers? Uses water instead of freon.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Use more duct tape

Reply to
Herm

Now that's plain stupid! I would think I need more putty.

Reply to
Steve

It's PIPE that's 'leaking', therefore he needs PIPE DOPE !!!

Reply to
.p.jm.

And here I was thinking "crazy glue". ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

Some people should just NEVER drink .... if they live long enough to quit.

Reply to
.p.jm.

That's the truth but its like they say, you cant fix stupid. That cat and the Mormon are two good examples of that.

He was king of the world... for about a nano second.

Reply to
The King

The HA must have been off their game that day ...

Reply to
.p.jm.

Due to the peace treaty, the Angels usually only neuter, declaw and place that type on a leash.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Yeh - but the other end of the leash is attached to a hog, and I don't mean the breakfast meat kind :-)

Reply to
.p.jm.

You might wanna have a little talk with that shaman guy who kept chanting 'All hail Sturgis ! All hail Sturgis !' and ask him to be a bit more precise next time.

Don't piss him off, though ....

Reply to
.p.jm.