Leak from suction line of my Heat pump

I have a water leak from the suction line right at the place where it gets into the air handler. There was a putty around the pipe from which the water is leaking. When I removed the putty which was already loose, I see that there is an air leak as well. I am not sure what is the problem here and also there is some rust around the area where the insulated pipe gets into the air handler.
Not sure how big problem is this. Any ideas?
Thanks, Steve.
Update: The leak is where the pipe enters the coil. So, I put the putty back and also put duct tape all around it and no air leak and water leak so far. It's been almost 15 minutes now. I set the thermostat at 75 such that the air conditioning runs for a while and also put a tissue paper to see if there is any leak. Will update tomorrow morning.
I am still not sure if the air leak is a concern that I just stopped it. I am sure it's coming from the blower but not sure.
Thanks in advance.

Instead of screwing around with something you obviously don't know anything about, you need to be calling you local tech.

It's been an interesting thread, watching Steve give Steve advice.
--
Steve Young
Learn more about Jesus
Steve wrote:

You might prepare for the worst by ordering life jackets for the family.

Use more duct tape

Now that's plain stupid! I would think I need more putty.

    It's PIPE that's 'leaking', therefore he needs PIPE DOPE !!!
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Steve wrote:

And here I was thinking "crazy glue". ;-p

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 09:55:09 -0400, The King

    Some people should just NEVER drink .... if they live long enough to quit.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 10:31:35 -0400, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

That's the truth but its like they say, you cant fix stupid. That cat and the Mormon are two good examples of that.
He was king of the world... for about a nano second.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:02:35 -0400, The King

    The HA must have been off their game that day ...
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Due to the peace treaty, the Angels usually only neuter, declaw and place that type on a leash.

    Yeh - but the other end of the leash is attached to a hog, and I don't mean the breakfast meat kind :-)
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:03:11 -0400, The King

    You might wanna have a little talk with that shaman guy who kept chanting 'All hail Sturgis ! All hail Sturgis !' and ask him to be a bit more precise next time.
    Don't piss him off, though ....
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Steve wrote:

Are you sure it IS water, not oil? Sound funny.
Yes. It is water. Definitely not oil.

Maybe one of those hydrionic coolers? Uses water instead of freon.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus