Leak

i epoxied a pipe on an auto condenser. Should that hold? I used jb fast and jb weld on a tiny slit. First cleaned it up real good, even tried to scrape it shut first.

Greg

Reply to
Gz

For at least the 30/30 warranty.

30 seconds or 30 feet.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Won't work... been tried... even by folks that supposed to knew what they were doing.... still didn't work.

Reply to
Steve

Everyone knows, the only thing that works is Bondo ....

Reply to
.p.jm.

I assume that the pipe/line is aluminum. Here are several links to some information that may help you out. Trying to solder/braze the aluminum line is not really recommended because it is easy to burn through or weaken the tubing with heat.

An aluminum brazing rod that may be safe to use:

Aluminum repair epoxies for evaporators and tubing:

The key to the use of epoxy for the repair is careful preparation.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Duct tape is the only thing that works

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

It might hold for quite awhile , especially if you put a double layer on the leak with time for the first layer to setup real good . The preparation of the spot to be worked on is very very important --- sand it down real well then clean it with rubbing alchohol and let dry. Apply the first layer reasonably thick then let dry for a good

1.5 days before applying a second layer and waiting another 1.5 days before recharging the system. If that doesnt work, then try a product from AutoZone which is used to cold weld exhaust manifolds...cant remember the name of it right off hand but it has the word 'Thermo' something in it ; I fixed an exhaust manifold crack with this stuff and it held well. Only about $6.
Reply to
ilbebauck

Should work fine. Now, evacuate to 400 microns, leak check, and charge by weight.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon