Jedi Powers

Working at a local (to me) small restaurant. The owner has a couple coolers, with compressors a couple rooms away from the coolers.

The pie case is out of liquid in the sight glass, the walk in cooler is about 1/3 full, sight glass at an angle. He insists they need topping off twice a year, and they take five pounds each time. The pie cooler (about 1/3 HP compressor, 115 volts, with a 3 1/2 by 5 receiver) he says needs 8 pounds of freon.

I had a look in my Johnstone catalog. the next size larger receiver holds

1.8 pounds. I don't think the system would hold 8 pounds, even if I filled all the vapor lines with liquid.

He says the reason why the lines frost over, is that the water in the system is released when the freon is low. You see, oil doesn't freeze. So, when the freon is low, the water comes out of the system (inside the copper tubing) and that makes the frost on the outside of the copper tubing.

I told him there shouldn't be any water in the system. He replies that filter dryers only good for about a year. And that to really get the system dry, you have to open it up and put that powder in. I'm thinking..... powder? Huh?

God help me, I'm gonna need all my Jedi powers on this job. "These are not the droids we are looking for.... move along." It's not going to be easy to fix his stuff, he's insistent that he wants five pounds of freon in the one unit. God save the queen, and send me some help, too.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's never easy for you to accidently fix *any* unit. Why would you think this guy's equipment would be any different?

Reply to
KJPRO

Stormy, Please point out to me where you thought someone here actually gave a rats ass what you think or what you do? Only an idiot like you would do something like that. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

The queen musta got the help from God, this time. I sure didn't.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Some hack must to charge him for #8 refrigerant so he will believe that is what unit takes. if I was to estimate on face volume I will say apx. #2.5 as most, Tony

Reply to
old and grunpy

That's the only thing I can figure. The last guy could possibly have been talking up the virtues of pump em right up. I took the time to check some readings, and the units behaved like they were massively full of air. The discharge pressures were WAY higher than the temperature indicated. He couldn't see the advantage of vacuuming the air out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

.

Some hack must to charge him for #8 refrigerant so he will believe that is what unit takes. if I was to estimate on face volume I will say apx. #2.5 as most, Tony

Im not sure what scares me most: The fact that Tony ALMOST formed a complete sentence OR The fact that Stormy Moron actually understands what Tony says. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Problem is Bubba that you are just Jealouse Tony

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

Yup, you're right Tony. Im Jealouse. Im also Jealouse of how well you can spelz. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Tony,

You'd think that after living here in the US for 50 or so years, you would be able to communicate in English. I hope your verbal skills are better than your writing skills.

You MAY be very intelligent (then again maybe not), but nobody would ever know it from reading what you write. Are you under the influence of narcotics when you write?

Reply to
DIMwit

Why there is lot people here, born in us gone in college got degree and still don't speak English, now tell me that I am wrong! On the other hand why don't you try to learn second language with going in to school. Please believe me it is not easy and specialy as you get older.

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

Okay Tony Im going to ask a serious question then. Maybe I will then understand why you type the way you do (or maybe I wont). I certain though that I still wont understand WHAT you type.

1) How old (or approximately how old) are you? 2) What IS your native language? Bubba
Reply to
Bubba

The people in England tell me that we don't speak English. Hmm. We're a foreign language, compared to England.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well! I thought you was going to ask me one of those questions where I must kill you after I divulge the information you requested since I am living in one of those protection programs. As to how old well I have been collecting SCI for over 5 years and my native language is Slavish, does these help. Tony

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

No I can assure you that I don't take no drugs even those that I suppose to Me and my doctor do not get along to well and I am not drinker either.

Skills well you decide I been paid $100.00 per hour by Manufactures across the country to service their Equipment and one particular Co. up to 2 1/2 times going rate if I show up with in 4 hours.

Writing that is another problem, I see the words that are not there but they are in my brain but are not on paper, there are many times when I am quoting on job that I need to go over the quote dozen times to have it word it as it should be. we all have some handicap sorry. Tony

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

OK Tony, if you are trying your best, then I apologize. It is painful for me to read what you write, but I won't complain anymore about it.

After all, I am DIMwit!

Reply to
DIMwit

Yup, these help. Bubba