Insulating cold water pipes & supply tank to prevent condensation

Dear Readers,

I'm considering wrapping insualtion around the cold water pipes in the basement to prevent them from dripping condensation all over the place this summer. But I have a bladder-type water tank too (I've well water), and that condenses just as much as the pipes. I'm thinking of wrapping every pipe, fitting, hose and even the water tank to prevent condensation. Of course, I would never wrap the jet pump... that would be bad. Has anyone had good/bad experience with wrapping a water supply tank?? or the supply hoses from the pump to the tank?? What should I use to wrap the tank? One of those hot water heater jackets?

All advise appreciated.

-Anthony M. Falcone

Reply to
anthonymmfalcone