installing new systems ?

No. When I made my rounds each morning and afternoon, I always stopped there just to make sure. We had a very loud alarm system on the building.

Good tip. Never heard of that.

Nope. They didn't have A/C then so I took a later boat. Years ago, I was working at the Salk Institute in La Jolla and there was an older guy who came in to the cafeteria for coffee every afternoon. When asked how old he was, he always said, "I've lived a thousand years!" I wasn't aware of the ramifications of his comment then, but I do now.......

Reply to
John Rhosos

No. When I made my rounds each morning and afternoon, I always stopped there just to make sure. We had a very loud alarm system on the building. CY: Neat, glad they had some warning devices.

Good tip. Never heard of that. CY: someething new, every day.

Nope. They didn't have A/C then so I took a later boat. CY: Yeah, I guess Lehi got the stripped down model. Well, when you're fleeing Jerualum for your life, what can you do? Can't be choosy.

Years ago, I was working at the Salk Institute in La Jolla and there was an older guy who came in to the cafeteria for coffee every afternoon. When asked how old he was, he always said, "I've lived a thousand years!" I wasn't aware of the ramifications of his comment then, but I do now....... CY: It's a metal life. Teeth of gold, hair of silver, feet of lead. I'm on that path. Silver teeth, and what hair remains, turning silver. And the lead butt, well, I'm having more trouble getting up ladders, for example.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ohhh! Oooh! Nobody loves us anymore. Call your Lawyer for free advice etc. You will be billed for an hour for every portion of an hour you waste his time. We don't have that capability. You want advice? We can give it to you during a paid for service call. When the clock is running. Now go whine to your other liberal free loading pals!

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

All three of you belong over in the alt.crybabiesRus newsgroup.

You are a lying sack of shit! You were never in the business in 1974 and this NG wasn't started until the early 1990's. In fact I doubt that a self righteous SOB like you has ever worked at anything other then sucking religious hind tit. This NG was never about exemplifying the trade to the general public. You have to purchase your own advertising for that. I smell a nasty troll here.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

You really are a hack! n

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Bull!

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Heh, a metal life? That sure says it all. I do ok on ladders, my problem is getting back to my feet after lying down on the roof to work on a unit. I retired Dec/07. I should have gone out Dec 04. I could have dealt with a lower retirement income but without medicare, insurance would have taken too much income, about $1300 a month for a man at age 62. Had to drag it out to 65. In 08 I found myself under the knife for a ruptured appendix. The bills for hospital and surgeon went over $38,000.

Reply to
John Rhosos

I've been noticing, that I'm needing more aches and pains pills, as time goes on. Havn't had any major surgeries, or body parts removed. Some on this list think I had most of my brain removed, but that's for another post.

We should team up with The Daring Dufas, and form "Three Cripples HVAC". When I have my hearing aids in, I can do the telephone dispatching. What?

.

Heh, a metal life? That sure says it all. I do ok on ladders, my problem is getting back to my feet after lying down on the roof to work on a unit. I retired Dec/07. I should have gone out Dec 04. I could have dealt with a lower retirement income but without medicare, insurance would have taken too much income, about $1300 a month for a man at age 62. Had to drag it out to 65. In 08 I found myself under the knife for a ruptured appendix. The bills for hospital and surgeon went over $38,000.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If I didn't hurt so bad all the time, I'm sure I could do more work. Since my friend GB passed away last year at age 71, I haven't been involved in much residential work because he owned the mechanical company. I went around to the various supply houses closing accounts that were in his name and making sure all the outstanding bills were taken care of. Now I get calls from his wife and daughters when they have a problem with technology but I don't mind, they're like adopted family anyway. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I never said i was in this NG in 1974 ! lol.... And it is irrelevant what you *feel about myself. Stay on topic.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I'm just trying to keep from having to go under the knife for my back

*again*. its pretty well controlled now with the chiropractor and medications from the MD.... next step will be an MRI. Thank GOD I am retired military and have TriCare Prime.
Reply to
Steve

Well, maybe I can do some of the truck work. Long as I take my pills.

You can work from the bunker, guide the action by cell phone.

.

If I didn't hurt so bad all the time, I'm sure I could do more work. Since my friend GB passed away last year at age 71, I haven't been involved in much residential work because he owned the mechanical company. I went around to the various supply houses closing accounts that were in his name and making sure all the outstanding bills were taken care of. Now I get calls from his wife and daughters when they have a problem with technology but I don't mind, they're like adopted family anyway. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Best wishes. I hope you are pain free forever, and your back is totally in allignment.

.

I'm just trying to keep from having to go under the knife for my back

*again*. its pretty well controlled now with the chiropractor and medications from the MD.... next step will be an MRI. Thank GOD I am retired military and have TriCare Prime.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I never said i was in this NG in 1974 ! lol.... And it is irrelevant what you *feel about myself. Stay on topic.

I will not comment on who does what because it is irrelevant. However talking about brazing with silver sil-fos or soft solder if you take your time clean the joints good and flux it with appropriate flux, what gas system is using it does not have any effect; however for what temperature is used it makes large difference, the soft solder at low temperature will disappear similar to evaporate and in few years will start to leak, not because vibration but because cold temp. eats it up. I used all brazing material include "brass welding" on copper to Steel or brass to steel up to

8" redouis above this size two people are require one on each side in order to have enough of heat for job to be done. There many time when I used staybrite especially on Vibration absorbers' to limit heat on absorber itself. I done this on 30 HP machines and I never had leaks where discharge Temperatures can be up to 250 F. and pressure up 350PSI or higher. Conclusion is how are you do it and not what type solder are you using "Even so you should use silver for higher pressures and temperatures.
Reply to
grumpy

I never said i was in this NG in 1974 ! lol.... And it is irrelevant what you *feel about myself. Stay on topic.

Oh wow! for the 2 years I was with Verizon FIOS and denied newsgroups I missed this so much. I have to look around the group and see if there is any pro info shared around. For the several years I participated in the fun, there was ONLY cursing and bickering. It was fun; priceless fun.

Don't be so thin skinned and don't expect any advice or help here on HVAC. If you want plumbing help visit terrylove.com

Reply to
Real Pisser

O.K., let's settle this. What year did Al Gore invent the internet?

Reply to
HankG

are you still looking for free news ;unsent, binary, alt but apparently I see that you do! I wonder who is your host

Reply to
grumpy