Installing aprilaire 700 Humidifier

need to add a 24 volt transformer to control board to operate aprilaire hum idifier wtith my Trane furnace. The problem is that I only have two termina ls on the control board that are available. One is hum-n and the other is e ac-n. How do I get 110 volts to power the transformer ? I thought that I wo uld be able to use the hum connection or eac connection and then one neutra l connection, but there are no neutral connections available on the control board.

Reply to
jrecchi99

Might have to splice and wire nut some of the neutrals.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Idea is humidifier should come on when fan comes on. Hum terminal is the one to connect. EAC is for electronic air cleaner. I think both out puts are same. I connected accordingly since we have Aprilaire

600 and Honeywell EAC wired in. Just doulbe check the voltages on yours.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 8:41:12 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

umidifier wtith my Trane furnace. The problem is that I only have two termi nals on the control board that are available. One is hum-n and the other is eac-n. How do I get 110 volts to power the transformer ? I thought that I would be able to use the hum connection or eac connection and then one neut ral connection, but there are no neutral connections available on the contr ol board.

Attach the wires that you would have attached to the 24 volts side of the t ransformer to the hum terminals. It doesn't matter which one goes where. Two wires, two terminals. Or it may be one terminal. In that case, one wi re goes to hum (24v hot) and the other wire to C (24v common)Throw the tran sformer away.

You only need 24 volts to operate your humidifier. The hum terminal provid es 24 volts to the humidifier water solenoid on a call for heat and the hum idistat opens or closes, operating the water solenoid according to the set point.

Reply to
ftwhd