Installing a ceiling register boot

I have a small room on our top floor (the only room on the top floor) in my townhouse that we would like to close off and make a bedroom. If we do close off the room, the only register would be located outside the room. So, I have made a duct branch off the main supply on the top floor. This main supply only serves the top floor registers. So, I went into the attic, split the main duct and put in a TEE connection. I have sealed the connections with special duct tape I got from the hardware store. The hard part seems to be installing the register boot in the ceiling. I have a 12'' X 4'' register cover and the same size hole in my ceiling. I cannot seem to find a register boot that covers this nicely at the local hardware store. So, any ideas on how to properly install the register boot? Also, if I do find a register boot to cover this, how should I seal it? Is this stuff available at local hardware stores?

Sorry if my terminlogy is off, I am just learning this stuff.

I have been reading many posts in the group and have found this group to be helpful, but have not found an answer to these particular questions.

Any ideas?

Reply to
pbroph