Installation of 5ton Bryant 694A Split System Heat Pump - R-22

Hi,
I just bought a 5ton Bryan unit off of ebay, now i'm getting nervous. I have never installed a unit before and have a few questions. Apparently this is just the outdoor unit and not the inside (evaporator / air handler) unit. I currently have an oil furnace in my home (2100+ sq ft). What type and size evaporator do I need (how much is it going to cost)? Are there any special tools that I will need for the installation other than gauges and a vacuum? I can just "tap" into the existing duct work right? Do you recommend any thermostats? I plan on using my oil furnace as well during extremely cold weather as I live just south of Cleveland, OH.
Sir, you are way over your level of training on this one. Where I am, I've worked on a very few heat pumps. Most of what I see are the more simple split systems.
The couple concerns that come immediatley to mind:
1) 5 tons sounds waaaaay too large for 2100 sq feet. Maybe in TX, but not in Ohio. 2) yes, you do need an indoor coil 3) You need a new thermostat, with several more conductors for the heat pump 4) You need an EPA card (license) to add or remove refrigerants such as R-22
After six years of installing central AC, and furnaces for folks, may I be the first to assure you that there is a LOT to know. At this moment, it sounds like you are a very sincere person who is trying to learn some skils, and save some money. However, I suggest that you may have just started a project that you won't like the outcome.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Well.... lets see here.... you now *own* a condenser that is grossly oversized for your home(hope your insurance covers mold), and you don't have a clue about what to do with it, or how to install it, or how to correctly size the ductwork, or even if the blower in the furnace will even support 5 tons of air conditioning. you don't have any of the training, education, or experience to install it, you don't have the tools or instruments to correctly install it. Have you tried to get a permit to install it yet?? What about the refrigerant lineset?? What about the electrical??
Now..... where was it again that you saved any money??
Let alone needing a fossil fuel kit. And we don't want to go there yet.

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 00:38:57 GMT, .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Don't be so fuel of yourself.
The one I use are D-Cell powered.
It shares the closet with my water softener supplies, so I can keep a salt and battery together.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

LMAO! What an idjit.
he has the ID 10 T syndrome
"ID10T"

I'm not laughing, this crap gets installed all over this area..... I suppose he'll be calling me or Mark and want to pay $50 for us to fix it.
This poster has to be a joke or someone here, nobody can be this stupid.
Call WF Hann Company, they will fix you up.
Rich

Rich,
I just get their name, address, and phone number then forward the information to the local city building inspectors :-)
bassmasterjrt wrote:

Hi bassMAster,
I actually live pretty close to you,
Post the situation here,
www.hvactalkforum.com

Hey, you think *you* have it bad?
I just had given to me a nuclear power plant.
I can't seem to get any of these idiots online to tell me how to hook the cocksucker up.
These guys suck.

Man, that's terrible! This newsgroup has suffered a horrible meltdown. I'd nuke 'em for that.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Ton-Bryant-694A-Split-System-Heat-Pump-Unit-R-22_W0QQitemZ270003966101QQihZ017QQcategoryZ115952QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
drive it... Worse yet, he might really be trying to do this!
http://www.samspade.org/t/lookat?aq.245.185.58
The email goes here...
http://rohndesign.com/sites/dsp/dsp_grouping.cfm?menuidi0
Accounting department.....
Anywho says:
Thelen, Joshua
STEUBENVILLE, OH 43952
Which ain't far from Pittsburgh...
http://tinyurl.com/qe5ko

Home of the Stealers and he Pirates. :-)