install of Smart DHW tank to IBC boiler help

Hello,
I have an IBC 45-225 boiler that is up and running. I am installing a Smart Phase III indirect fired DWT. I have run a wire to the boiler from the DWH tank and connected it to the boiler at the DHWS connection and set it up for define load 3 and used the default temp settings. When I connected the wires, for tank temp it changes from "open" to "short". And the boiler does not fire up. I thought it might be the tank causing this so I connected a thermostat to the DHWS connections and get "short" when I call for heat and "open" when I turn the thermostat all the way down. Then I tried it by jumpering the DHWS connections and get the message "short" again. Any idea what I might be wrong? Thanks, Gary
Hello,
I have an IBC 45-225 boiler that is up and running. I am installing a Smart Phase III indirect fired DWT. I have run a wire to the boiler from the DWH tank and connected it to the boiler at the DHWS connection and set it up for define load 3 and used the default temp settings. When I connected the wires, for tank temp it changes from "open" to "short". And the boiler does not fire up. I thought it might be the tank causing this so I connected a thermostat to the DHWS connections and get "short" when I call for heat and "open" when I turn the thermostat all the way down. Then I tried it by jumpering the DHWS connections and get the message "short" again. Any idea what I might be wrong? Thanks, Gary
Ummmmmmmmm. You gots a short?
Hello,
I have an IBC 45-225 boiler that is up and running. I am installing a Smart Phase III indirect fired DWT. I have run a wire to the boiler from the DWH tank and connected it to the boiler at the DHWS connection and set it up for define load 3 and used the default temp settings. When I connected the wires, for tank temp it changes from "open" to "short". And the boiler does not fire up. I thought it might be the tank causing this so I connected a thermostat to the DHWS connections and get "short" when I call for heat and "open" when I turn the thermostat all the way down. Then I tried it by jumpering the DHWS connections and get the message "short" again. Any idea what I might be wrong? Thanks, Gary
Get an electrician to check your shorts :-)