Inside blower not coming on

Page 1 of 2
I've been having a problem with the inside blower not coming on on my central a/c unit. What's basically happening is that im setting my thermostat (older type with the liquid mercury) to 76 degrees and its also set to "auto". The unit will operate properly for random times...sometimes 10 hours and other times only 30 minutes or so. Eventually the inside blower will just not engage. The outside unit comes on and I can feel that freon is flowing through the evaporator coil but the blower just sits still. Ive taken off the face of the thermostat and checked and the "circuit" is being made with the liquid mercury so the inside blower should have powered on. The way i get it to engage is to take the thermostat and move it upwards to where the mercury moves and breaks the circuit then i lower it again to complete the circuit and voila the blower comes on. Its been giving me this problem for about 2 weeks now and ive had someone out to my apt 4 times to check on it. Theyve changed the thermostat and checked the wiring and freon levels and everything is seemingly normal. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, Wes

Call a competent HVAC company?

I was going to post this info in my original question but I forgot.
As stated I live in an apartment complex.
The complex doesnt allow anyone except their own maintenance people to repair any of their equipment. Which is why I asked the question here so that I could kindve hint to the guy what it might be the next time he is over to look at it again.
Christopher, I appreciate your response.
Thanks, Wes

Then keep calling them till it's fixed!!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Does the blower motor hum when it should be running?
I suspect the motor capacitor. Or the motor itself could be frozen up.
CJT wrote:

It got the beat!
If it is an apartment, chances are it is a Goodman(Janitrol) air handler. If so, the problem is the blower relay-- they had nearly a 100% failure rate on the older type relay they used. Even if it is not a Goodman, from what you describe, the blower relay would be the first thing I would suspect. Larry
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If they focus on the freon levels when it's the inside blower that isn't coming on, then you're hiring the wrong people.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No research done here by this idjit!
If the outdoor unit is starting up then the low voltage circuit is good, and there is no problem with the thermostat. Your problem is with a fan board or relay, or the motor may be overheating. Take the black wire from the motor and wire it directly to the power comming into the furnace. You can bypass any board problems and use the a/c. This only applies to a direct drive psc blower.
-Canadian Cool
"DANgER" <"danger"@heat.com wrote in message

and there is no problem with the thermostat. Your

comming into the furnace. You can bypass any board

Bullshit, you can hot wire other furnace blowers as well.

How do you hot wire an ECM blower motor??
HAHA noonair, why would you waste your breathe on these hacks....the customers question was answered by me correctly.
Leave these bitches here to whine about whatever it is they are whining about. They will remain idiots.
-Canadian Cool
On May 30, 10:59 am, DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Or not. An intermittent poor connection of the selector switch on the t-stat (i.e. between Y and G) has not been ruled out. In fact it would be the first thing I checked after hearing a customer say what the OP said. I found exactly this on a system just yesterday. The resistance of the connection can be just sufficient to at times to prevent sending enough power to the fan relay coil, at other times not sufficiently resistive to prevent closing of the relay. A few ohms one way or the other is all it takes. Since he was messing with the t- stat at the times when the blower ran or didn't run, then it would be logical to assume a bad connection there.
That isn't necessarily the problem, could be a loose G at the A/H, but still, it's the first thing I would check if I were called out on that unit.
You should expect your jeering to turn around and bite you in the ass from time to time when you don't know everything. None of us know everything, but some of us know that we know certain things, and even then we occasionally find that we were wrong. Best not to jeer, unless for pure sport :)
I am not about to walk him through bypassing a variable speed controller or ECM board. My answer applies to a PSC motor, which he probably has.
You techs here are dumb as shit...
-Canadian Cool
"DANgER" <"danger"@heat.com wrote in message

or ECM board. My answer applies to a PSC motor,

Hey dumbshit... here's your quote:
"This only applies to a direct drive psc blower."
Why did you include "direct drive" in your sentence?
Looks like you're "dumb as shit".
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Not only looks like - he applies himself to it.
Yup, your just another idiot =ISO-Wannabe=...
Here's a picture of a direct drive PSC motor, maybe that will help you understand...IDIOT!
http://cgi.ebay.com/DIRECT-DRIVE-PSC-BLOWER-MOTOR-3-4-HP_W0QQitemZ260122451239QQcmdZViewItem
Do you need me to draw you a picture on how to bypass your fan control too?
HAHA
-Canadian Cool
You dumb idiots think G means anything when you have a terminal block and board at the furnace? Y is what tells the furnace fan to come on in his case. You guys can take G wire and stick it up your ass, it will do more good up there! Did you hear him say he has a fan center? NOPE
Are you all really that stupid you can't help someone make a fan turn?
HAHA
-Canadian Cool
You need some help with motors kid..... Now you really really look dumb!
Or maybe KY can elaborate and tell us pros what he is referring too, by suggesting I made a mistake!
I made a mistake once fag, I thought I was wrong!
HAHA
-Canadian Cool