In a Restaurant

Yesterday got a call to do some lock work at a restaurant. They have three condensing units in the cellar, having moved the big one for the freezer to outdoors.

One of them, I felt behind the fan for air flow... none. All the air flow is out the side of the fan, not behind the fan. Mentioned this, and they said they would have their guy blow it out. I wonder how many compressors are killed by neglect like this. Many or most, I'm sure.

Wonder if his brother in law put a Headmaster or some kind of low ambient control on the condensing unit outdoors. Naaahhhh......

Reply to
Stormin Mormon