Igniter Life

I see you haven't worked on many new HVAC systems... they don't run with a blocked flue! You might want to check into the reason manufactures install pressure switches.

Reply to
KJPRO

Not that much money--stop off three times----twice with family and once for a short motel (by the week) stay. Womb to tomb, including travel time, is only about 3 weeks but still better than nothing. I've looked into the "freeze alarm" systems but there are a couple of drawbacks with the ones that I've seen. They don't work too well, compatibility wise, if you have a telephone/answering system in place. And you need someone trustworthy who will take on the responsibility of coming into the home, be willing to arrange for a service call, hang around for the service tech (the company I have my contract with will only give a 6 hour window) and then hang around to oversee the process. All my family lives too far away or out of state to be able to perform this function. I do have someone who makes a quick house check about once a week. I also take some simple preventative measures--shut off main water valve, open faucets and let the water drain, put RV antifreeze in all the fixtures and traps ----Primarily, I just keep my fingers crossed that the system performs troublefree for a few weeks. MLD

Reply to
MLD

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:26:51 -0600, "KJPRO" left spaces for comments ):

Kenny is right and HVAC picked the wrong fight.

Reply to
The King

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:22:34 -0600, "KJPRO" left spaces for comments ):

A local alarm company could also provide temp alarms. He could have it set up so the alarm company calls a prearranged hvac company to respond.

Reply to
The King

Many colleges have a system of students that check in, feed pets or even stay in the home for a very reasonable rate.

Reply to
Don Ocean