Ice Maker Evaperator Question.

Page 1 of 2
This is Turtle.
I have Googled a bunch about a spray coating for ice makers evaperator coils when the coating wears off the evaperator coil and you spray a finish back on it. I have a fishing buddy who has a ice maker with this problem.. Can any of you get me a line one this.
TURTLE
| This is Turtle. | | I have Googled a bunch about a spray coating for ice makers evaperator coils | when the coating wears off the evaperator coil and you spray a finish back on | it. I have a fishing buddy who has a ice maker with this problem.. Can any of | you get me a line one this. | | TURTLE
There is no good solution to that problem other than replacement of the machine or the evaporator. For something to try, use food grade silicone spray, available from NuCalgon. The plate will have to be dry when you spray it and it probably won't last long if at all.
- Robert
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:03:19 -0600, "TURTLE"

good if its applied to brand new coils, or coils cleaned real good with Nubrite. Sorry, dont remember the manufacturer. I'll check next time I'm at the shop.
Here's what Carrier uses (or used to) for all their coil coatings: http://www.heresite.com /
Turtle, it sounds like you have a very good application for plasma coating:
http://www.airliquide.com/en/business/industry/welding/applications/coating_plasma.asp
or
http://www.swunited.com/plasma/pages/plcap.htm

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:02:25 -0600, "TURTLE"

Nu-Calgon. Their part # is 4148-24, or at least that's what's on the bottle.

Leave it to fish to come up with something out of the ordinary! He always comes through with great links and information, His relatives must to have been librarians or something of that nature! LOL. Good link Fish, after 20 years of working on Ice machines I never even heard of a product that even remotely would help a plate problem.
One suggestion Turtle, I would make DARN sure that the plate is 100% clean and SANITIZED. If you trap bacteria it may build up under the coating and cause it to break loose instead of wearing off. I learned from a plumber years ago how to caulk a tub and put fixtures in baths. If you don't use a bleach or sanitizing agent first and let it dry, bacteria grows under the silicon or the plumbers putty and actually pushes the products away from the material your trying to seal.
Please let us know how this works out.
Rich
snip

You still haven't. Look at the stuff.

Didn't look at it that close because were finally working in the field. Will check it out tonight, but until then brief me on what to look at
Later :-) Rich
Would that be CalShield? It came out to be pretty impressive in a fluid cooler test we tried -- two identical new fluid coolers, started the same time, same location, same water treatment, except tower #2 was sprayed with CalShield. Tower #1 exhibited some corrosion. I niow spray all of my fluid coolers with it inside once a year.
snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

I see he's still in his comma
TURTLE wrote:

Hmmm, I didn't see any commas.
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:29:36 -0500, Bob Loblaw

--
Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic

Shouldn't you be re-arranging your blocks? Mary is getting a little tired of spoon feeding your ass.
bill wrote:

You mean playing with his mental blocks? LOL
I think he's up to a semicolon; but I could be mistaken, period.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus