I thought it needed a shot of freeon!

I went out to fix an outdoor merchandiser, today. Customer has had to reset the GFCI several times. Finally, he ran an extension cord from an indoor socket.
I pulled the cover, checked a few things. The compressor runs, there is good frost back to the compressor. So, I did the ohm meter and check what might be leaking to ground. Then, made some repairs.
The fellow came back and asked what I'd done. Check, test, isolate, do some taping up, replace a few parts.
He says "I thought it might have needed a shot of freon". I assured him freon is not electrically conductive, and has nothing to do with tripping an electrical socket. Clueless.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Its either out of "freezone" or the thermostat is broke

The ones I dealt with the problem was the product was frozen. They didn't try to tell me what was wrong with it, other than their product was frozen. More often as not, the 'stat was fried... the contacts were welded shut. These were flower coolers.... had to maintain 34 - 38F @ 90%RH.

If you are any kind Refrigeration mechanic you should know that their isn't such thing as freon" Freon is name of person that invented Refrigerant!!!

Last time I sow thoes was on 1960s, Olds. And Cadilacs I hope you knew enough to plug in her leaks. Mmmm

O yes Iam very close to that