Hydro-air dampers manual vs. electronic

Hello folks,
Can anyone point me at a damper (manual and/or electronic) on the web?
My searches are too general.
I ask because we're going with a 1condenser/ 1A/H and then want to split that capacity as needed between two zones.
It seems manual dampers are not practical (go up to the attic everytime...?) -- and I don't see one listed on my proposal -- though the contractor says that's what's quoted. Then he said an electronic damper installed w/b ~$2500 .
I'm in the "pay too much for everything" area north of NYC. Can't move so here I am...
thanks.
Do yourself a favor and get two units. It is far simpler, just about any butt-crack hvac guy will be able to work on it, and when one is broken you'll still have heat/ac in half the house.

Kunta Kinte wrote:

KKinte;
Zoning can give a home owner and their family a higher degree of comfort over a single zoned thermostat.
Read more about zoning here; http://www.aprilaire.com/index.php?znfAction=ProductDetails&category"&iteme04
It will not "fix" a poorly designed system. It will however, decrease the energy use and provide a higher degree of comfort.
It also can not compensate for undersized systems as well.
--
Zyp