HVAC installer

Where can I find a list of HVAC installers for the Columbus, Ohio area?

Thank you.

Reply to
tburk

Ohio Employment Office through the state

Reply to
daytona°

If you bought the equipment off the internet, your already done. Because of warranty and liability issues, no legitmate contractor will touch it.

If your looking to purchase a new system, then look for a small to medium sized company that has been in business for at least 5 years. You want them to be NATE certified, you want them to do a complete, room-by-room Manual J and Manual D, heat load/loss and duct calculations. I recommend getting an R-410a system. I also recommend getting top name brand equipment....Trane/American Standard, or Rheem/RUUD. Ask the installer about a 10 year parts and labor extended warranty. Remember, its not about the lowest price, its all about 18 - 20 years of reliable, quiet, efficient, year 'round comfort.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Are 'you' NATE certified?

Reply to
<kjpro

nobody down here that gives the exams, or anybody within a 250 mile radius for that matter. If it was available, I would be first in line.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Ok, so why are you recommending something that even yourself don&#39;t have? Your location isn&#39;t the only one that&#39;s lacking training and/or testing facilities.

Why would you want to eliminate a quality company just because they didn&#39;t have a NATE certified tech. See the problem this could cause?

Not to mention that the certification is only as good as the person who holds it.

Ex. I know people who are EPA certified to use refrigerate... some don&#39;t know how to charge a system correctly, some don&#39;t recover refrigerant, some have never touched a refrigeration system. For this reason, the NATE certification is only another training institution where it &#39;may&#39; or &#39;may not&#39; mean anything towards the quality that one will receive from their contractor.

Reply to
<kjpro

It doesn&#39;t matter if its NATE, or SBCCI, or........ The chances that a somebody that has the training and certifications is going to do a better job than somebody who *DOESN"T* have it, are pretty good. Any idiot can get an EPA card, but it takes a hell of a lot more to be certified by NATE or SBCCI or such as that. My own certs are through SBCCI, and I carry a copy of the cert letter in my truck, along with copies of my licenses, bonds, insurance, etc.

The point I was making is Look for somebody that has the certifications, training and education, not just the lowest bidder...... and having *JUST* an epa card doesn&#39;t mean shit.

Now.... you want to pick any more nits????

Reply to
Noon-Air

Not picking nits, just pointing out facts that could cost a quality company a job!

But personally, I would take reputation over a piece of paper any day.

Reply to
<kjpro

Who in the hell is Nate....I am JLBCO certified

Reply to
daytona°

YELLO PAGES

Reply to
Tony

Call an HVAC company you stupid lazy f*ck.

Reply to
duda