Humidity Problem, could the blower be too strong?

I just had someone work on my furnace a couple of months ago to replace a f ilter box. They had lots of trouble and I think they tried to accommodate for something by changing the blower speed. The result was that our home w ent from 40% range of humidity levels to 60% + levels. it's horrible in th ere. Two separate A/C companies cannot find the problem. Everything look s good.

From what I read, it's possible that the unit is not running long enough to rid of humidity. And by lowering the blower speed it might be able to do t hat. Any ideas? I wish I had taken photos prior to the work that was don e. But after I look at the current wiring and compare that to the owners m anual, it almost looks incorrectly wired. I appreciate any advice.

Reply to
David Pool

David Pool

months ago to replace a filter box. They had lots of trouble and I think they tried to accommodate for something by changing the blower speed. The result was that our home went from 40% range of humidity levels to 60% + levels. it's horrible in there. Two separate A/C companies cannot find the problem. Everything looks good.

not running long enough to rid of humidity. And by lowering the blower speed it might be able to do that. Any ideas? I wish I had taken photos prior to the work that was done. But after I look at the current wiring and compare that to the owners manual, it almost looks incorrectly wired. I appreciate any advice.

Are you in heating season, or AC season?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

months ago to replace a filter box. They had lots of trouble and I think they tried to accommodate for something by changing the blower speed. The result was that our home went from 40% range of humidity levels to 60% + levels. it's horrible in there. Two separate A/C companies cannot find the problem. Everything looks good.

not running long enough to rid of humidity. And by lowering the blower speed it might be able to do that. Any ideas? I wish I had taken photos prior to the work that was done. But after I look at the current wiring and compare that to the owners manual, it almost looks incorrectly wired. I appreciate any advice.

Are you in heating season, or AC season?

Reply to
Tony944

filter box. They had lots of trouble and I think they tried to accommodat e for something by changing the blower speed. The result was that our home went from 40% range of humidity levels to 60% + levels. it's horrible in there. Two separate A/C companies cannot find the problem. Everything lo oks good.

to rid of humidity. And by lowering the blower speed it might be able to do that. Any ideas? I wish I had taken photos prior to the work that was d one. But after I look at the current wiring and compare that to the owners manual, it almost looks incorrectly wired. I appreciate any advice.

Typically the fan speed for the ac is the high setting. If you have a sing le speed, basic ac then during the spring and fall there is some risk of th e unit not running long enough to lower the humidity. That's just the natu re of single speed systems. If you want better control you should probably look at a variable or two speed unit. Single speed units have to be sized to accommodate the summer loads and that makes them too big during spring and fall. That problem will be more noticeable in the case of springs that are unusually wet and cool for prolonged periods.

Reply to
lawrence.jamesnc