How is the zoo?

I just thought I would drop in, read a few posts, and see how the zoo is going! Looks like all is well, and pretty much the same as it was a year ago! Sorry to see all you goofy bastards are still here! ;-) Hope you all had a good summer and survived AC weather. The missus and I had a great summer! Shipped the kid of to Japan and did we did a boat load of vacationing on my Harley. Best part was no parts fell off! Tooddles! Greg O.
Greg, where did you ship your kid to in Japan. Mine just left for Okinawa a couple of weeks ago.
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

with about $500, plus the incidentals of shipping her off, luggage, passport, inoculations, that type of thing. She spent six week in Otaru. It is on the north island of Hakiado, (spelling?). About two weeks before school was out she got called into the office and got the offer of the trip offered on her. YFU said they did not have a representative from North Dakota, so they had a spot to fill. She has always wanted to go to Japan so she was pretty excited. The "fun" part was she had less than six weeks to get her ready to go! she still had to qualify. Write some papers and a couple interviews, but I really believe she was the only kid asked in the state! I think the whole thing is a farce of some sort though! She was also looking into paying her own way through another organization before this scholarship came up.Either trip was valued at $5000, so she has to pay income tax on that amount. For the $5000 she got shipped over and back, plus any travel in the country, which was very little. In the country host families paid her way, without any reimbursement. I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it can not cost anything near $5k for the travel! Greg
There is a remarkable parallel to the Muppet Show. The HO who come here are our "very special guests". Milligan is a closer parallel to Animal. I'd be closest to Scooter.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

How about you just hop on your "Scooter", Scooter and ride the fuck on outta here! Bubba

You need a Kermit, or lie, since once you own up.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

--
Tekkie

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:39:20 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

You'd live on Sesame Street, and work for The Electric Company.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:55:37 -0500, "Greg O"

I like Harley's if they're quiet.
Those 110 dB trumpets are ridiculous.
That wouldn't gripe me so much, but I got stopped one night riding a Honda with a non-stock Basssani glasspack. The cop let me go, but warned me that running a "modified exhaist to increase noise" carried a pretty stiff fine, if he wanted to write me up. I explained it was a temporary fix (believe me, I lied), until the stock muffler I ordered came in, and he let me go. It was nowhere NEAR as noisy as a stock Harley Davidson sportster with standard trumpets. I would have had a lot of fun in court, though.
I've been know to take $50 parking infractions to court (and beat them, too). I guess it helps when you know the ropes. It's called making the best of a bad situation.
My three pet peeves, when it comes to noise pollution, are:
Unmuffled Jake Brakes on semis.
Barely muffled motorcycles or rice rockets, roaring through town.
Ridiculously over-amplified car stereos, which can rattle the windows of buildingss at least a hundred yards (meters) away.
-- -john wide-open at throttle dot info
~~~~~~~~ A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle. -Kahlil Gibran ~~~~~~~~