How does Low Voltage Compensation work?

Hi,
I notice some consumer air-conditioners (generally above 8,000 BTU) have a feature called Low Voltage Compensation.
My question is, how does this effectively work, and by what mechanism?
I understand that any motor, and especially a compressor motor, has an LRA (locked rotor amperage) rating which is several times that of the FLA (full load amperage) rating, and that the LRA is one of the main reasons why it is recommended that a plug-in type of air conditioner be located on its own branch circuit.
Does the low voltage compensation scheme have the effect of reducing the LRA, so that one would be able to have another device (like a lamp or a television set) on the same branch circuit? If so, by how much does low voltage compensation reduce the LRA?
Thanks for your time in helping me understand this,
Jon
Jon Danniken wrote:

Hi, My idea about this is power factor correction with a CV tranformer.
Tony Hwang wrote:

Thanks Tony.
Jon
---