Honeywell Humidicalc Recommended Instead of Outdoor Sensor? (Automatic Humidity Control)

[Note: also posted in alt.home.repair, but I'd also like to get any helpful information from this group.]

Is there a consensus whether Honeywell's Humidicalc is better or worse than using an actual outdoor sensor, as with Aprilaire humidifiers that automatically adjust the humidity?

The following is from a Honeywell PDF manual: "The HumidCalc+? software inside your automatic humidity control is designed to measure or infer outdoor temperature and automatically adjust the humidity based on the frost factor setting that the homeowner sets to allow for variances in furnace size, window type and insulation."

In trying to find info on the web, I found this:

"Honeywell humidistat wins 'Seven Wonders' Engineering Award. Contracting Business, April, 1999

"No outdoor sensor needed for most applications Honeywell's new humidistat has earned a Seven Wonders of Engineering Award from the Minnesota Society of Professional Engineers. The H1008 Automatic Humidity Control with HumidiCalc+[TM] Software is the first standalone humidistat to control to dewpoint instead of relative humidity."

Thank you very much for any helpful information.

Reply to
poster3814

I'm respectfully asking again for helpful opinions from knowledgeable people on how Honeywell's Humidcalc method compares to humidifiers with outdoor sensors, such as Aprilaire's humidifiers.

Thank you very much.

Reply to
poster3814

I'm respectfully asking again for helpful opinions from knowledgeable people on how Honeywell's Humidcalc method compares to humidifiers with outdoor sensors, such as Aprilaire's automatic humidifiers.

Thank you very much.

Reply to
poster3814