Homeowners be advised

Page 1 of 2
So you think you've got a warranty with that new appliance you you picked up at Home Depot (or anywhere else that sells them)??? Think again. I just left a customer who has a G.E. 50 gallon water heater, power vented, purchased from Home Depot 2 months ago. G.E. offers 6 years warranty. It needs a new gas valve, a Robert Shaw with the built-in circuit board, my selling price $500. My call-out charge for showing up at your door with my truck, tools, knowledge and my pretty face is $110. My hourly rate is $95. Very average prices. G.E.'s plumber-under-contract lives 20 miles away. He told G.E. to stuff it, it's too far for him. G.E., out of the goodness of their little hearts, offered to pay me $75 total labour, plus the cost of the replacement valve for the enormous sum of $85. A total offer of $160 for call-out charge, plus labour, plus part. My charges total $655, not including taxes. Guess who still has no hot water? G.E. will offer to pay your repairman 1/4 of his going rate. Had this tank been supplied by me, all costs would have been covered. Think twice before you buy at your local big box. Hire a contractor.
--
Respectfully, Bob

vented,
my
20 miles is to far.... LOL

Bless their little hearts... they want you to lose money for their product failure.

The person with the POS GE water heater.

He'll probably go back to HD and get another one for FREE.
You know this is going to take place.

vented,
my
I bought a Ge washing machine fairly recently, failed just outside of warranty.
Also, same thing just happened with a Ge water softener..
At this point, Ge is never gonna get another fucking dime out of me.

I guess that you must have gotten some stuff that was made on the Friday afternoon of a 3 day weekend. OTOH, I have GE Stove, dishwasher, washing maching, dryer, and fridge. They range in age from 2 to 8 years old and never had a problem with any of them. Maybe its because I bought them at Sams Club?? no tellin.

Mr. Lebowski,
Had you been in this trade, you would know that GE capacitors are JUNK, GE fused disconnects are JUNK, GE motors are JUNK, and just about everything else GE manufactures is JUNK.
Having that knowledge would have prevented you from buying a GE appliance in the first place.... :-)
Bob_Loblaw wrote:

You lost all credibility with the "pretty face" part. :-)

no shit. I was going to ask Bob if he offered a discount if his "pretty face" didnt measure up to a homeowners standards....

Dam were going down if thats the case :-) Hey geo, you got the name of that truck driving school??
snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote

Ouch! Scratching Gofish off my Christmas card list as we speak.... I used to look like a Greek God..... now I look like a God damned Greek.... :-)
--
Respectfully, Bob

Were do you live Bob? JB

Just outside of Toronto, home of the CN Tower, the worlds tallest free- standing T.V. antenna..... not to mention the Maple Leafs, the worlds greatest hockey team when it comes to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....
--
Respectfully, Bob

Bob_Loblaw wrote:

... and you wonder why DIY is so popular.
I would kick the drain valve off and flood then basement. Then I would pay my deductible and get a new water heater and basement for free, paid for by the insurance company. It would be cheaper then paying to fix the water heater.
HAHA
-Canadian Heat
On 16 Mar 2007 02:41:37 GMT, DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Ahhh, the true colors of "DANgER the Magnificent Scumbag" shines through. Bubba
Canadian Heat, Thats not even a good thing to kid about. That very idea is why a lot of insurance companies are pulling out of the Gulf Coast. Not just because of the *actual* damages from Katrina and Rita, but because of all of the criminal sons of bitches that try to get their comfort systems replaced by the insurance companies where they are either just plain worn out, or are 8-10years old and have never been serviced. After Katrina I got over 200 calls from folks that wanted to know how much is a new air conditioner so their insurance company can buy them a new one. Out of all of those calls, I only actually condemned one because a 2 foot diameter pine tree fell on it. The rest were a simple cleaning, service, and *maybe* a simple repair to get them running again for less than the customers insurance deductable. Because of all that crap, my homeowners insurance has more than doubled. Thanks but no thanks... I believe that if I caught you kicking the drain valve off a water heater, then I would have to kick your ass then turn you in for fraud.
--

Steve Nunes@ Noon-Air Heating & A/C
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Meaning you care too much... The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less". For someone who was born in this country, you don't speak the language very well... Now, go ahead and type something REALLY witty, like "I couldn't care less".
--
Respectfully, Bob

Your a geek bobby!
I could care less what you say :)
-Canadian Heat
DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

Which is like saying " I care, so I could care less with some effort", which tells the true story, that being you hang on my words, and Bubba's, and others in here. It's your only source of hvac info. You need us. We, however, can do quite well without your hack methods. Go to a trade school. Learn to read a schematic (after you learn to speak English). Ask your instructor questions like "Why won't a jumpered relay work when it's fried?"..or maybe "Why shouldn't I jumper safety switches?" You'll be doing us and your boss' customers a favour! Good Luck!!
--
Respectfully, Bob

umm yeah, your still a nerd!
HAHA