Homeowner question: replacing my home heat and AC system...

Page 1 of 2
I have a ten year old York forced air gas furnace with the AC compressor outside. I'm considering replacing it.
What do you profressionals consider the top two brands in terms of quality and realiability?
Thanks, AABob
AABob wrote:

Bob;
It's not the brand so much as the installer. You can even hire a *good* company and still get a shitty installer. Talk to your neighbors, your friends, co-workers, and relatives [if you're still talking] :) and find out who they've all had good luck [or bad luck] with.
--
Zyp

Any brand I sell and install. Why you ask, because the installation is more important than the name on the front of the equipment.
AABob wrote:

Hi, First, fidn and get hold of a high caliber installer. Then check with consumer report, your neighbors, etc. Around here we stick with Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Rheem.

Consumer Reports... LMAO
Tony Hwang wrote:

We? What we? Tony, you gots a mouse in your pocket? And what the hell is a "fidn"?
--
Zyp

Zyp wrote:

Hmmm, fidn is typo for find, OK? We? my clan in and out of town. My family is big including in-laws.
Tony Hwang posted for all of us...

AABob posted for all of us...

I like the ones with AC compressor INSIDE that way you have ac in winter and heat pump in summer. You will have to look for the manufacturers of these yourself as I am bonded to not advertise.

AABob wrote:

Your choice;
1. AirEase: http://www.airease.com /
2. Allied Commercial: http://www.allied-commercial.com /
3. Amana: http://www.amana-hac.com /
4. American Standard: http://www.americanstandardair.com /
5. Armstrong Air: http://www.armstrongair.com /
6. Bard: http://www.bardhvac.com /
7. Bryant: http://www.bryant.com /
8. Carrier: http://www.residential.carrier.com /
9. Coleman: http://www.colemanac.com /
10. Comfort - Aire: http://www.heatcontroller.com /
11. Comfortmaker: http://www.comfortmaker.com /
12. Friedrich: http://www.friedrich.com /
13. Frigidaire: http://www.frigidaire.net /
14. Goodman: http://www.goodmanmfg.com /
15. Heil: http://www.heil-hvac.com /
16. Hitachi: http://www.hitachiaircon.com/index.jsp
17. Lennox: http://www.lennox.com/residential /
18. Luxaire: http://www.luxaire.com /
19. Maytag: http://www.maytaghvac.com /
20. Nordyne: http://www.nordyne.com/eNoraHome.aspx
21. Rheem: / Ruud: http://www.rheem.com /
22. Tappan: http://www.tappan.net /
23. Trane: http://www.trane.com/
24. Weathercraft: http://www.weathercraft.com /
25. Westinghouse: http://www.westinghousehvac.com /
26. York: http://www.york.com /
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
Moe Jones wrote:

You left out Tempstar?
--
Zyp

27. Daiken: http://www.daikin.com/index.html
28. Tempstar: http://www.tempstar.com
29. Mitsubishi: http://global.mitsubishielectric.com/bu/air/products/index.html
30. Goldstar: http://www.goldstarappliances.com/index.html
31. Payne: http://www.payne.com/corp/details/0,2938,CLI1_DIV43_ETI1683,00.html
32. Fedders: http://www.fedders.com /
33. Aaeon: http://www.aaonnet.com/Default.aspx
34. Arcoaire: http://www.arcoaire.com /
35. Bard: http://www.bardhvac.com/index.shtml
36. Marvair: http://www.marvair.com /
My God this list is endless...

37. Weather King: http://www.weatherking.com /
JK
Big_Jake wrote:

Thanks I will add it to the list.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Where's...
Arcoaire? KeepRite? ThermoZone? WeatherMaker?

WeatherMaker?, I think Carrier has used that name for several decades.It's older than Worthington.

WeatherMaker is Carrier WeatherKing is Rheem

Carrier is King. (-; Hell, Willis invented A/C.

http://tinyurl.com/2fsksk

Thanks, but I don't need a furnace.