Homeowner installation gone bad...

It's just a simple installation... or so he thought.

Quote:

NOTE - - This item came with my Aprilaire 600 Bypass Humidifier. Unfortunately, when I installed my humidifier and this Automatic Humidifier Control, I did not know that the accessory terminals on my furnace ran 120V instead of 24V. Therefore, when I hooked it up and the furnace called for heat, 120V instead of 24V went through the wires into the R and C terminals on the humidifier control. You can see what happened in the second picture - above the C terminal. This unit did not work for me, so perhaps you know how to easily fix it! My mistake can absolutely be your gain - - this is a $90.00 part - - check around the internet.

<kjpro