Homemoaner and the cost of freon

Page 8 of 9

meh...he can fight his own battles...the only trolls around here are the regulars and, of course, queen bee.
hvac = troll
od

For you Bubba...for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeC3BPYTmE

od
olddog wrote:

You must have been working for Chrysler.
--
Zyp

And you're still a Liar!
">>I was talking with a mechanical engineer from Airco about the time Christian

Thats beside the point. They charge what they do, because thats what it costs to keep their doors open, keep the service trucks on the road. pay salaries and make a small profit.

Oh brother! If they want to stay in business they will charge a reasonable charge. A 1600% markup is far from reasonable. It's not like it took the guy all day to do it. After I gave him the ok he had it done in less than 15 min. He got his service charge + the 1600% markup. There is nothing that could justify that.
Olddog

Hey dipshit, it's like my other posts states... there's different ways to price products and services.
Your bill: Service Call $80 Refrigerant $375 ===========Total repair $ 455
Do you really think his labor and overhead only cost him $80????? If so, you're a complete idiot.
Would it comfort you if his bill was as follows: Service Call $80 Labor costs $300 Refrigerant $75 =============Total repair $ 455
What did you say, you only make $10-15-20 an hour working for someone? If so, ask your employer what he charges for your time. If he can't or won't tell you, just think about the cost that are attached to your employment.
401K Health Plans Dental Coverage Workmen's Comp. Social Security Liability Insurance Paid Vacations Paid Sick Days Paid Personal Days Holiday Pay Christmas Bonus
Place to work Utilities Property Insurance Tools Inventory Service Vehicle Vehicle Insurance Vehicle upkeep Fuel/oil/tires/brakes/etc Delivery fees Office supplies Postage Training
Other employees wages Stock personnel Secretary Accountant Lawyer
It's all part of the bigger picture you fail to see... clients pay for everything. If not, you're subsidizing your business, period!
Are you starting to see that a $80 service call fee isn't going to cut it??????

yeah right!
LOL

I didn't figure you'd understand it, can't say I didn't try. Now go away, before you make yourself look any worse, as you can't even keep your own information straight.

Kenny, just killfile the SOB, he's just another troll

You're right about the troll part but it's funny how he could "justify" overcharging his customer. He probably does have to overcharge for his "Lawyer".
olddog

Charging a rate to cover business expenses doesn't classify as overcharging, Asshole!
Did you get a price before he did the work? And did you get a couple other companys' prices?
I guess the question no one has yet asked. What do you think would be a fair price? Hundred bucks? Two hundred?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Fair has nothing to do with it. The question is... what does the company have to charge to make their salaries, overhead, trucks, inventories, advertising, etc, ????
Asking the gentleman what he thinks is a fair price. Market research. So, a gentleman thinks this or that is reasonable. Chance to learn.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Chance to learn?? Go take some business courses so you can figure out how to charge enough, then hit the votech and learn how to work on HVAC equipment so you won't hurt yourself or somebody else.

Stormy learn, Bahahahahahahaha.... thanks for the laugh!
On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 12:04:53 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

No wonder you cant stay in business Stormy. Maybe you could ask all your customers (the only 2 you have) "Hey, I fixed your furnace. What do you think would be fair to pay me?" I guess most could pay you with a bucket of spit and a condom full of cum. That we be more than fair for an idiot like you. Bubba

Read the thread, you'll have your answer. "After I gave him the ok he had it done in less than 15 min."
Dumbass!

Does it make a difference? Are you going to let your customers dictate your pricing?
Most people charge what their worth, in your case that ends up costing you out the ass!

Since the charges were bogus to begin with I'll start over.
I'd say a 100% markup on the R22 and a reasonable service charge.
Service charge = $125 for the first hour + $80 for each additional hour spent.
If the job took less than 1 hour to complete: Less than $200.
BTW: No he didn't find the leak. He guessed it was the evaporator coils and he didn't want to test his guess.
Olddog