Homemoaner and the cost of freon

Page 6 of 9

yeah right. Do your homework... Different air handler and/or furnace/evap combinations yield different efficiency results. You don't have to get the high dollar equipment to have high dollar results.
Well, that would depend how low the system got. Might have sucked in a bunch of humid air.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
KJPRO wrote:

Awww... It'll be OK once he strains it through an old felt hat. ;-)

Don Ocean wrote:

Felt hat? I used old nylon stockings... :)
--
Zyp

olddog wrote:

LOL
--
Zyp

You may not be taking into account: The compressor is really loud, the vent motor on the furnace is going out (another $200+ repair if I do it myself), and the probablity it is an inside coil leak is very high. I will get the guy to check where the leak is though and get an estimate on repair. I think I've learned at least that much here. ;-) The guy from Airco (the mechanical engineer) actually suggested I get it repaired. Pretty honest guy. He said I got screwed on the price of R22 too.
Olddog

Sorry Olddog but you and the M.E. dont have the slightest clue about running a hvac repair business. Im sorry to hear that. Try it some time. Start up your own business in this field and come back and tell me what you are charging for a call. Id bet you dont make it 6 months. Bubba

I doubt I would here. Way too much competition, but I wouldn't sell my business skills short. I ran a very profitable A/R dept for 11 years until I got sick of dealing with the state of New Mexico. If all the techs are Pre-Madonna's I wouldn't want to run a HVAC business. I prefer to work with professionals. But to each their own.
It's funny; the HVAC people I've actually met, for the most part, are quite civil. Here they hide behind their computers and spit out obsinities and insults. Humorous.
Olddog

It's "obscenities", you dick-faced asshole.

Thank you for the correction and proving my point.
HVAC wrote:

OH no, are you sure? Cause he's a graduate with a BBA from UNM?
--
Zyp

That really bugs you that I have a BBA? To tell you the truth it's not that much good to me now. I don't use it and I have no desire to go back into the business world. Hell, if I do go back to work it will probably something simple with no stress. Like HVAC. LOL. Just kidding. Seriously I'll probably look for the lowest stress job I can find. I don't handle stress very well anymore. I also need a job where I'm active because of my blood pressure. Basically the BBA was my wife's idea and we both kind of regret it now. Fortunately, we're comfortable and have our future pretty well secured. I tried to go back to school a few years ago to get my MBA but I'm too old now. I can't handle the stress anymore.
Olddog

BTW: the only reason I mentioned I have a BBA is someone said "I obviously wasn't a business major." I thought it was funny.
It really doesn't reflect on my business knowledge other than I know how to take tests.
The BBA is just a paper that can open some doors. At my age employers are looking more at actual experience. The degree means almost nothing now. Funny, when I graduated I though the world would be my oyster. Far from it. It's been a struggle ever since. If I had it to do over I would of insisted on going into another field. When I was in school I always liked the electives better than the core courses.
Olddog

That's the nature of USENET.

Actually, I used to participate in the childish game also. But like the internet, I grew up.
Olddog

Are you not *still* here... looks like you haven't grown up much. lol

And yet you still reply! LOL
od

Just pointing out your mistakes/lies... that's a full-time job.
Been a while since I got to sit and watch some real name calling. That one had to hurt.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Try working with the "likes" of customers like you seven days a week for a year and you'll quickly understand. Now go get your asbestos under panties on. I wouldnt want you to get violated anymore than you already have. Bubba