Homemoaner and the cost of freon

Page 5 of 9

So you like to break laws, nice.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. IMO if your going to charge top dollar you should have enough professional integrity to do the job right and in this case make an attempt to find the leak. A quality the OP's tech apparently doesn't posses.
Maybe he was out of Windex leak detector. :)

Find where I stated such.

As I said, limits don't matter check the PT chart it will tell you if theres non-condensables.

Your pulling "venturi effect" out your your ass and you know it...it's not going to happen except perhaps once in a thousand years because the specific conditions that must be met are all but completely impossible to happen.

Fuck it just sell them a new condensor...
--( your question has little if anything to do with your determining whether or not there were non-condensables in the refrigerant ).

LOL
Referring someone to specific federal law enacted by the government agency having jurisdiction over refrigerant purity is "pawning it off" according to your twisted view....

snip

Explain how a medium or high temp refrigeration system gets contaminated with moisture because of an evaporator leak.
The system is cycled on and off with a pressure switch above atmospheric pressure.

Daltons law describes the effect on pressure with a combination of gases and Charles law describes how pressure and volume react to a change in temperature.
P.S. The condensing unit is indoors, there is liquid in the system, the sg moisture indicator goes from green to yellow. The moisture in the system freezes at the metering device causing a temporary restriction that cycles the unit off on the pressure control above atmospheric pressure for a short period at which point the moisture thaws and the cycle repeats.
How does the moisture get into the system?

Yeah I forget exactly but temp/ vapor pressure relationship is basic gas law not going to look it up.

Not sure where you are going with this but feel free explain--it does appear you are assuming above there already was enough moisture present in the sysyem to freeze and cause a restriction.
So also need to explain how the moisture got there in the first place though I suppose it could become more concentrated upon repeated topping off.
Still, this has little to do with the need for checking pressure temp in order to verify non-condensibles as opposed to routinely replacing the entire charge because there "could be" moisture in it.

trapped in the drier. After the drier absorbs to capacity the excess carries along with the refrigerant and oil. That makes nasties as you know. Eventually the compressor burns out. That's why is always good practice to change the drier every time you open a system.

Just think, with todays POE oil and if there's a moisture problem you also must change the oil and the new oil can only be exposed to atmosphere for 15 minutes tops. If POE oil is exposed longer than that has just become bio waste. That's not a big deal with a semi hermitic but it can be with a tin can.
You're right about the way to check for non-condensibles. Usually if you find non-conds in a system you have a larger issue.
the moisture gets

Well -410 and POE wasnt a part of the original discussion here--actually it was the OP has a -22 system and is tired of the runaround concerning a supposed evap leak and so he was considering a complete replacement vs $1200 to replace the evap.
My own experience here is that before doing anything else make him take a beeper to the schraders.

Maybe then at least I got one thing right this time.
THX.

http://www.boo.net/~rarnold/firesign/sounds/bozo.wav

BTW, why don't you do some research on something you don't understand? Venturi effect doesn't require a system to be running in a vacuum, so your LP switch theory is blown right out of the water.

Then obviously, you're a hack... Do I need to explain why?

Can you tell me the evap has *never* ran in a vacuum? I didn't think so... Now, do I have to explain *why* it's a bad practice?

Obviously its ecause then you can't charge your customer for an un needed "service"

Standard good practice is to replace the filter drier when ever a system is opened. I cant believe there could be any solid argument against it.

Not good enough here--need to ALWYAYS replace the old refrigerant with new or else you are a hack.

On a known leaking system, you're damn right!

"Un needed"
Yeah right, I'd much rather go back and replace his *new* "shit" evap under warranty (at my expense) because it's rotted from the inside out. Why don't you and the OP get together and find a clue!

Not my problem if you insist on somehow providing or selling warranty against rot out on a partial system replacement....even though in all probability it's going to outlast the rest of the system.

5 year MANUFACTURE WARRANTY!!!!!
It's your puppy, if you didn't do the job correctly the first time!!!!
Get a damn clue dude... you're so far off in left field your complete business theory is blown to hell.

Your wasting your breath.... he doesn't have a clue about resi, just centrifugal chillers and industrial. But that all you can get from sitting on the bench in the union hall. I bet he would freak if he looked inside the heat pump system I installed last week. Prolly not too many in here have seen a mother board with a daughter board in a resi heat pump...... and that doesn't include the boards in the AHU or furnace. http://216.122.22.11/FetchDocument.aspx?ID5035a71-2f38-46b9-a2af-46d6312d4def
This is the particular equipment match that I installed; Split System: Heat Pump with Remote Outdoor Unit-Air-Source
Outdoor Unit Model Number: RPNL-030JEZ
combined with
Indoor Unit Model Number: RHLL-HM3617+RCSL-H*3617A*
Manufactured by: RHEEM MANUFACTURING COMPANY
under the Trade/Brand name: RHEEM RPNL SERIES
has been rated in accordance with
ARI Standard 210/240-2006 for UNITARY AIR-CONDITIONING AND AIR-SOURCE HEAT PUMP EQUIPMENT
and is certified by the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute to meet
the following product performance ratings:
Cooling Capacity (Btuh): 29800
EER Rating (Cooling): 12.75
SEER Rating (Cooling): 15.00*
Heating Capacity(Btuh) @ 47 F: 31600*
Region IV HSPF Rating (Heating) 9.25
Heating Capacity(Btuh) @ 17 F: 19800*
A * following a rating indicates a voluntary rerate of previously published data, unless accompanied with a WAS which indicates an involuntary rerate.
ARI Reference #: 3228149

def
Wow it's a 13 seer model rated at 2-1/2 tons.
Impressive to say the least.
Lipstick on a pig...