Homemoaner and the cost of freon

Oh....you can believe it. I graduated "With Distinction". I don't use my degree anymore. I got sick of paper shuffling and retired about 4 years ago. I never wanted a business degree it was my wife's idea. I wanted to study psychology. She didn't think I ever make any money with a BA. She was probably right.

Even though you guys talk tough I really don't mind. At least I know where you're coming from and your advice is helpful. I can tolerate abuse.

But keep the waders on anyway!

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

Was it good for you too? ;-p

Reply to
Alexander

Sorry Olddog but you and the M.E. dont have the slightest clue about running a hvac repair business. Im sorry to hear that. Try it some time. Start up your own business in this field and come back and tell me what you are charging for a call. Id bet you dont make it 6 months. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I doubt I would here. Way too much competition, but I wouldn't sell my business skills short. I ran a very profitable A/R dept for 11 years until I got sick of dealing with the state of New Mexico. If all the techs are Pre-Madonna's I wouldn't want to run a HVAC business. I prefer to work with professionals. But to each their own.

It's funny; the HVAC people I've actually met, for the most part, are quite civil. Here they hide behind their computers and spit out obsinities and insults. Humorous.

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

It's "obscenities", you dick-faced asshole.

Reply to
HVAC

That's the nature of USENET.

Reply to
The King

Thank you for the correction and proving my point.

Reply to
olddog

Actually, I used to participate in the childish game also. But like the internet, I grew up.

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

Try working with the "likes" of customers like you seven days a week for a year and you'll quickly understand. Now go get your asbestos under panties on. I wouldnt want you to get violated anymore than you already have. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

When I tell the HVAC people of my adventures here they usually laugh and say something like. "I hope you don't think it's a reflection of the profession in general." I tell them no, but, unfortunately it is.

As far as likes; try working in the healthcare industry. Particularly long-term care where you actually work where your customers live. Oh well. You're an HVAC guy. You've seen it ALL!

LOL

Are you getting how ridicules *some* of you sound now? To me *some* of you sound like disgruntled blue-collar workers who think they are the god's gift to the world. I would have a hell of allot more respect for all of you if you showed a bit of well deserved humility. But instead you're all HVAC Nordic gods on the cold wind to Valhalla. God love you all. You're truly priceless.

Olddog

PS: My apologies to the people here that are just trying to help out. Thanks for all your help!!

Reply to
olddog

I was just wondering, if, your BBA degree included writing and english. Reading your response, is interesting .... lets just say, interesting.

Reply to
Zyp

You must have been working for Chrysler.

Reply to
Zyp

OH no, are you sure? Cause he's a graduate with a BBA from UNM?

Reply to
Zyp

Yeah and you're a regular Shakespere. Get over yourself. As a matter of fact this ng has a bad smell to it. You all need to take a bath. Excuse me but I'm going to take a shower now.

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

There ya go! olddog works at an old folks home... he's a male nurse. I knew it would come out. :)

Reply to
Zyp

Man I wish. Nurses bring down over 100k/year now. Oh but wait. You're a HVAC professional. That's chump change to you. LOL

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

That really bugs you that I have a BBA? To tell you the truth it's not that much good to me now. I don't use it and I have no desire to go back into the business world. Hell, if I do go back to work it will probably something simple with no stress. Like HVAC. LOL. Just kidding. Seriously I'll probably look for the lowest stress job I can find. I don't handle stress very well anymore. I also need a job where I'm active because of my blood pressure. Basically the BBA was my wife's idea and we both kind of regret it now. Fortunately, we're comfortable and have our future pretty well secured. I tried to go back to school a few years ago to get my MBA but I'm too old now. I can't handle the stress anymore.

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

BTW: the only reason I mentioned I have a BBA is someone said "I obviously wasn't a business major." I thought it was funny.

It really doesn't reflect on my business knowledge other than I know how to take tests.

The BBA is just a paper that can open some doors. At my age employers are looking more at actual experience. The degree means almost nothing now. Funny, when I graduated I though the world would be my oyster. Far from it. It's been a struggle ever since. If I had it to do over I would of insisted on going into another field. When I was in school I always liked the electives better than the core courses.

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

Even an EE isn't that ignorant! :-)