Homemoaner and the cost of freon

Page 4 of 9

symptoms?
oil
Your clear out a left field, over the fence across the parking lot rolled down the hill and into the friggen creek here man.
But if /when you happen to find some manufacturer of resi split or rtu that doesn't presently supply a low pressure cutout as standard equipment then be sure and let me...

So go ahead, always replace it then if you insist really I couldn't care much less.

Actually, suggest you might consider learning to USE the pt chart where it concerns validating the presence of non-condensables or contaminated refrigerant--Hint: pretty sure it's still a standard sample question on most of the 608 tutorials.

None of the low end "landlord specials" have LPS and if your real lucky, they *might* have an HPS on the heat pumps..... but if you worked with resi at all, you would know this.

and
WALK
new.
rolled
then
resi
Show me the manufacturer schematic.

How many will it take before you admit you're wrong???
N2A3 http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/documents/086477/42104500000.pdf H2A3 http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/documents/086477/42104530000.pdf N4A3 http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/documents/003350/42104510001.pdf H4A3 http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/documents/086477/42104540001.pdf

refrigerant"
exactly
it
and
rtu
lucky,
Sorry try again--high and lps safeties are included on each every one of the above referenced drawings....Note the components labled as "LPS" "HPS" and "DTS"....

Perhaps they need to stop trying to save ink and spell it out? :)

The dumbass asks for a schematic, yet lacks the knowledge to read them correctly, go figure!

of
do
system
lot
or
and
Most ICP schematics will have asterisks, in this case it's simply an artifact from when those switches were an option.
Do you really think any compressor manufacturer would honor a warranty these days where the unit manufacturer doesn't include safeties ?
Suggest best to look at the sales brochures, unit specification, or engineering submittal sheets.
The paper below covers models you refer to earlier and by reading the very first page you'll find the unit does indeed have safeties installed at the factory:
http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/documents/086477/50111250101.pdf

Hey Dipshit,
Take a look at the spec sheet... http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/documents/086477/42131500100.pdf
Compressor warranties??? They've been covering compressors for years that didn't have low and high pressure switches. I suggest that you remove your head from your ass and take a peek out in the real world. Geez, where have you been your whole life, under a rock?
There are units manufactured today *without* pressure switches.... oh no, the world might come to an end. You're such a clueless wonder.

Perhaps you should learn why they put * by items. I didn't figure you'd understand the diagrams correctly!

Like I said, try to learn something new...

Where in the hell are you, under a rock? They exist and they are everywhere! I suggest you get out and do some actual service work!

Yeah, I forgot that the ambient temps are stable for at least 24 hrs... Just goes to show you lack the training it takes to be competent.

and
WALK
new.
rolled
Among other conditions, a venturi requires the "hole" to be located at an area of greatly increasing velocity such as at or quite near to an area of significant restriction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect
Try again.

then
everywhere!
Sure thing--the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the creater of the unviverse, too.

I'm sorry you're not competent to understand the physics.

The link showed a page but no article.
One thing I've learned is that if someone has it in their mind that something isn't so, no amount of talking is going to change a mind that cant be changed.
Pretty much everyone here is full of themselves. Recent examples and Im not picking on anyone but when someone says that someone is going to freak out when they see a couple of circuit boards in a HP, well that's a little over the top. Circuit boards have been around for a coons age. Power in power out no big deal. Then to go on and say that commercial/industiral techs don't know squat about resi equipment and blabbing about some mythical union bench are just showing ignorance or are jealous or something.
Union service techs are never on a bench. On the construction side they may be but that's the nature of the work. In my shop we can have and have had upwards of 200 guys working or it could be down to a handful depending on who gets what bid and if anything is being built. Winter is slow for that side because of frost laws and construction generally grinds to a halt.
My best advice is to take these guys with a grain of salt and do what you do the best you can. No one is going to learn anything here they already think they know it all. Usually the ones who boost the most know the least. I see it here damn near on a daily basis. There's no need to try and show anyone here anything because it aint gonna happen.
For me, I just like to stir them up once and a while. :)

Here try this one then:
http://tinyurl.com/86d5ks

Agreed.
<cut >

Fish on, dude...

Daltons law applied.
The link worked.
A Sporlan publication also states that you can measure the condenser temp midway on the coil and compare it to the liquid pressure converted to temp. A deviation of a few degrees indicates non condensibles. This can be done with the unit running.
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:37:49 -0500, The King

Actually what it say verbatim is;
The proper use of the P-T relationship can be helpful in discovering the presence of air or other non-condensable gases in the system. This would be revealed by the measured temperature in the condenser or the leaving temperature of the cooling medium being much lower than that indicated by the P-T relationship.
Form10-135

Too complicated especially considering that extra money can be made selling used refrigerant to the next customer.

I thought that only low ballers and hacks did that.
Steve wrote:

No respectable Low baller or Hack would stoop that low. That obviously is a member of the ___________(insert name of favorite shithead group)