Home owner question: Carrier Infinity Thermostat needs frequent configuration after power glitch.

Whenever the power resumes after an outage (e.g. thunder storm), the thermostat requires the "filter media", "humidifier", and other settings to be confirmed before the heat resumes.
Thus, if the house is unattended in the winter, the heat never comes back on after a power glitch because the thermostat just sits there waiting for someone to answer some questions. The risk is that the pipes will freeze.
Is this normal for that type of system?
Thanks, AABob
When the power resumes after a power failure, the thermostat requires someone to manually configure the media type, humidifier, and UV lamp settings. Otherwise, it just sits there and the heat/ac never comes back on.
My pipes almost froze last winter when the house was unattended because of this.
Is this normal? if not, is the thermostat faulty or do you think it's not wired correctly?
Thanks, AABob
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/Home-owner-question-Carrier-Infinity-Thermostat-system-do-44847-.htm castelobrw wrote:
AABob wrote:

------------------------------------- | | | _ | _________|__( )__|_________ x/ _| |( . )| |_ \x |_| ---*|_|
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/Home-owner-question-Carrier-Infinity-Thermostat-needs-frequ-44846-.htm castelobrw wrote:
Bob wrote:

the new thermostats has something it is call firmware where they store your settings and regardless of power failure your settings stays on, so my assumptions are that your t-stat is defective, go ahead and replace it with a new one and you will see the diference. Bye Cesar
------------------------------------- | | | _ | _________|__( )__|_________ x/ _| |( . )| |_ \x |_| ---*|_|
On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 18:33:03 +0000, castelobrw

    STFU, you're clueless.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
castelobrw wrote:

http://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/Home-owner-question-Carrier-Infinity-Thermostat-needs-frequ-44846-.htm
Hi, There is no firmware in the 'stat. Maybe NVRAM for storing entered program. I don't think you know what firmware is
On 8/4/2011 8:04 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Isn't that those Iron Bra's worn by Viking Women?

    No wonder the Vikings were always in such a bad mood.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/