home A/C and R-22 - cost per lb

Page 4 of 4
On 5/18/2013 6:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

what?????

Kind of a snotty reply to a well meaning response. So go F! yourself...

Obviously you are either not in the HVAC business or are just another hired gopher.

Wow! What aqn intelligent analogy.. ;-p

You just did it again. Editing to completely change the context. Let's review, shall we?
I posted : "What answers exactly are "industries" giving that are false? Pretty much what I've heard is that the R410 systems are safe for the environment because of the R410 "
You edited the above to this:
"What answers exactly are "industries" giving that are false? Pretty much what I've heard is that the R410 systems are safe **************************************************** "
And then gave your response:
"Yes R410 is safer as to what defiantly not regarding pressures,..."
I said manufacturers said R410 is safe for the ENVIRONMENT and you make it sound like I just said R410 is safe and then start talking about safety with regard to pressure.

Same to you pal. You have some kind of bug up your ass about R22 vs R410A. All I did was point out that the typical R410A system that you buy today to replace that old system has a much higher efficiency rating. Contrary to your nonsense, that is a big economic advantage to the consumer and the consumer doesn't care how exactly it's achieved, whether it has R410A, R22 or XYZ.

The you should be able to give us some credible industry sources that support your claim that there is a significant initial failure rate on compressors in new HVAC eqpt that has been properly installed. Links please....

Thank you, because it is. Cars today are available that have much higher efficiency ratings than they did 20 years ago. Now you can argue about how those ratings are done, whether if a car is rated 28 MPG on the highway you actually get that specific number or not. But that the car uses less gas than the equivalent car it replaced from 20 years ago is a fact.
Simple question, do you deny that a new 14 SEER system saves a large amount in electricity that it uses compared to a 10 SEER system that it replaces? Yes or no?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Any american who hasn't yet built a reinforced fence or bunker around their ground or roof-mounted AC unit, residential or commercial (or church!), monitored 24/7 with video -> now is the time.
The next wave of "american urban mining" is starting now, and it's being done by out-of-work hvac techs, prowling around in the middle of the night with empty propane tanks - harvesting the R-22 out of your soon-to-be non-working hvac systems...
On 5/18/2013 7:08 AM, Home Guy wrote:

With you wandering our network... I can see why it is Code to install locks on the service valves. How much can you huff in a single night?

PaxPerPoten wrote:

"wandering our network" ?
How much can I "huff" in a single night? You think I'm an HVAC tech?
Huff? Is that the lingo you use to describe the covert theft of AC refrigerant?
I'm a Canadian watching you americans flush yourselves down the toilet in many ways. Urban mining - stripping copper and wire, street and highway lights, gutters and siding, plumbing, entire hvac systems (and R22) from working systems, church rooftops and derelict homes.