Highest efficiency furnace-for the history buffs out there

Hello group,
Just curious, who has manufactured the residential furnace with the highest efficiency, to date, in North America? Two points for the correct answer, opinions and or facts welcome.
Thought this may be interesting.
Mike
(shout out to Abby Normal whereever you are)

Something that Stormy installed. It would be so efficient that it wouldn't use any fuel or power.
Jim Dandy wrote:

It wouldn't need to heat anyone, as the owner would be out looking to get even with \\Stormy

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:29:46 -0700, "Mike Cahill"

You thought wrong. Bubba

electric strips

Ditto :-)

There was a guy who invented a 140% furnace. I think it used 3 heat exchangers.

Did you even stop to think about this??? It's not even possible!!!

Remember the YorkTriathalon HP? Wasn't it rated at 120 or 130 percent efficient?

But he said furnace... HP's another story...

I assume you believe in the Edenpure bullshit too???
HVAC wrote:

Or Stromies efficiency calculator.

Alexander wrote:

So far I've heard of several by American Standard & Goodman [I think] to be 98% efficient. But that's an AFUE rating which takes electrical usage into account.
But, there has been designs that used a fuel powered generator, that provided electrical and heat.. which was touted as being high in efficiency. But I haven't heard anything on that one in a long time.
Originally a condensing furnace design was from the early 1950's but fuel being cheap, it wasn't popular because of price [stainless steel heat exchanger.] I don't recal reading how "efficient" it was though.
--
Zyp