Higher SEER = More Problems? Worth it?

Page 2 of 2

Don't forget Grandma! http://tinyurl.com/y8zpdp6
On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 03:30:24 +0000, jzjz wrote:

http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Higher-SEER-More-Problems-Worth-it-118073-.htm
Thanks to the illegitimate president we now have you can look forward to even larger increases in the near future.
Supposing he'd been a US born natural Democrat. Would that make anyone feel better?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Our very first Affirmative Action President? We hope to have some change left after he's gone.
TDD
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Higher-SEER-More-Problems-Worth-it-118021-.htm PopeyeTheSailor wrote: NORDYNE IQ DRIVE (AKA MAYTAG, FRIGIDAIRE, WESTINGHOUSE) 23 SEER A/C UNITS
I have owned this Maytag 23 SEER IQ Drive equipment from Nordyne (both a 3 ton & a 2 ton unit)since April 2009. I replaced two old, inefficient systems in their entirety. I paid top dollar for this high efficiency equipment and boy was I taken! Lots of service calls (more in 1 year than in the 11 years I owned the older units); high humidity inside the house (a new problem that started with the install of this equipment); noisy fans that wake me up when the units shut down at night; no improvement in energy efficiency at all (I have to keep the house 4 degrees cooler than with the old equipment to keep from sweating, due to the high humidity); equipment is sensitive to power fluctuations (computer brain flips out every time there is a switching transient from the power company and must be reset); and the list just goes on and on. I would NOT recommend purchasing this product. A Trane 2 Stage system would likely be a much better investment (note: I have never owned Trane equipment and I don't know anyone who works for Trane - it just happens to be the alternative I investigated before deciding to buy the IQ Drive.)
RAJ wrote:

http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Higher-SEER-More-Problems-Worth-it-118021-.htm
That is with any piece of equipment, more things on it more problems can be expected that is no option. it does not matters high or low efficiency more sophistication more problems just like your car.