Hermatic vs Scroll

I just picked up some new old stock Lieberts (1984 and 1990). Back then Liebert used 3-PH Hermatic Compressors on their 30k-70k BTU size units.
On the newer units I have, they use Scroll compressors.
I'm curious as to why?
I know scroll is supposed to be more efficient, but isn't hermatic more reliable long-term. If the hermatic style lasts longer, but is less efficient then scroll, how much less efficient.
I can easily swap out these NoS hermatic compressors with brand new copeland scroll units, but I'm not sure if its worth it.
On a side note, I have a unit with a Copeland 5-ton scroll (3-PH 460V) that has developed a significant vibration. Charge is good, sight glass is clear, lube is good, just has a bad vibration you can really feel on the floor up to 5-10 ft away. The comp is on rubber insulators, and if you push it in a certain direction it goes away a little, but not much. My technician told me not to worry or advance replace it, just let it run, if it breaks down will fix it then. I am concerned about performance loss, and the vibrations are annoying as hell.
-John

So... "advance replace it" Unless of coarse... you like to be annoyed.

Ummm most all scrolls are hermetic. Hermetic = sealed can

Why would you want to??

Just fix the damn thing.

Never saw a scroll with a blown pin? :-)

I believe you may have _semi-hermetic's_ in the Antiques.
-zero

Dear John
Hermatic means inside one box hence all scroll are hermatic (all small units) scroll is newer technology i gues u r referring to some other type of hermatic compressor.
regarding vibration get it checked fast it can damage the joints especially the brazings as vibration after a period develops cracks on joints.
don
Hermatic: Not listed in the dictionary.
hermetic Audio Help /h?r'm?t?k/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hur-met-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation -adjective 1. made airtight by fusion or sealing. 2. not affected by outward influence or power; isolated. 3. (sometimes initial capital letter) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of occult science, esp. alchemy. 4. (initial capital letter) of or pertaining to Hermes Trismegistus or the writings ascribed to him.
Also, hermetical.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus