HELP!, IT IS HOT AS HELL, :).

Hello all pro here,
I have a heat pump unit and the thermostas came with it does not work any more (I think or could be something wrong with the unit itself), I replaced with new one, and it worked for couple day than cold air did not come out any more, even when I swithed FAN to ON position. I had to
turn the unit off for a while then turned it back on and it worked a short time and no cold air again, what could it be wrong?, thanks in advance.
It is HOT where I live, :(.

Yup... if its broke, its gotta be the thermostat... my car was broke too, I got a new key for it and its still broke.
Its time to call a tech, your already in over your head.

"hide-a-key" out from under the fender. Tried it. No workey. I tried the spare key at home. It still wouldnt work. You think maybe my key is broke? I think I'll stop at the locksmith tomorrow and get a bigger key to see if that wont fix it. Im sure it will. Bubba

Squirt it with WD-40. That will fix it.
You may wish to do a google search on AC troubleshooting. Get back to us with some specific details, and we can be more helpful.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Sounds like you have another bad thermostat. Change it out again and see if that fixes it.

You could have an airflow restriction causing the coil to ice up.
Just a wild guess.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Z28 wrote:

It could be several other things, call an A/C tech. - udarrell