HeatMaker Plus HW Series

When hot water is unused, say over night, the hot water temp drops from 80C to 40C and below (reading on the heatmaker). It's not warm enough to take a shower with morning. The forced hot water (3 zones) are fine and remain hot during the same period. If i introduce cold water into the tank i.e. run the hot water. This kicks the igniter and hot water is available after 15 or so minutes. My questions are: 1. Do i have a bad thermostat somewhere and if so which one ? 2. What other test can i do to isolate the culprit ?
thanks, -Cedric
On 24 Feb 2007 11:03:03 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1) Yes, take it from the "thermostat expert". You DO have a bad thermostat. Its the 3rd one thats bad. 2) You can take off all your clothes, put on a diaper, go out in the middle of the road and lick a window. Thats usually the best way to isolate the culprit. Bubba
No you do not have bad thermostat but you do have something that shout the heat to the you hot water heater is this hot water heater electric or gas fire boiler by the way the thermostat do not know if is night or day it will control heat the very same day or night. so you should look for some other problems that you may have Dido

It's called a lazy unitrol. have it replaced.
--
Respectfully, Bob

I am being lazy, I know, bash me all you want. What is 80C in F. Sounds awful hot for domestic hot water.
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (home)

Double it and add 32.
--
Respectfully, Bob

Double it and add 32.
--
Respectfully, Bob

Wow bobby, that\'s..... WRONG!

Wrong. The temp swing of the t/stat is too big. In the day, enough hot water is used to hide the problem. At night, it doesn't get used, so the temp drops all the way down to it's set point. Enough hot water during the day, but low water temp in the morning is a sign of this. Again, it's called a "lazy unitrol".
--
Respectfully, Bob

wrote

Take you opinion and sit on it Tst. swing 72 deg. f. you are sick cookie and you brain is "lazy unitrol".
Sounds like the unitrol is sleeping...
If there's an air handler for heating use, I would look for a bad check valve that's letting cold water migrate back into the tank.
-Canadian Heat
DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

When check valves go bad! Another in the series, from pros like Stormy and Canada Heat! Order yours now! Operators are standing by to put you on hold!
--
Respectfully, Bob

"When check valves go bad! Another in the series, from pros like Stormy and Canada Heat! Order yours now! Operators are standing by to put you on hold!
--
Respectfully, Bob

HAHAHAHA I don\'t even have to bother!