heating system question

I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo does not generate a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone know some of the causes behind this. Thanks

Reply to
rogv24

What temperature is the thermostat set to?? What temperature are you trying to reach?? What is the heat source... electric?? heat pump?? furnace?? boiler??

Can't see it through the computer screen. Can't even give you a WAG, without a whole lot more information. Maybe you should call your local *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to come check it out.

Reply to
Noon-Air

how much heat could a heat pump pump if a heat pump could pump heat?

Reply to
gofish

Reply to
daytona°

Yes, we know some of the causes but not all of them. Your Welcome, Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

On Apr 6, 2:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone

The air temperature from a heat pump is not as warm as the heated air from a gas furnace. If you set back your thermostat while you are at work, you will find it will take longer for a heat pump to catch up than a gas or electric furnace.

What would you hope someone in the group tells you? Basically the only thing for a home owner to do to his system is to change the air filters and to insure the outdoor unit is clean from debris.

All systems need annual maintenance checks. Why dont you schedule a check through a local HVAC company? They should then be able to tell you if there are any problems with your system.

Take Care Pat

Reply to
komobu

Come now Pat bottle of Irish cream will him much warmer.

Dido

Reply to
Tony

Do I have to do it!!!!! Replace the thermostat, yea yea thats your problem.

Barry

Reply to
Barry