Heating system and water heater exhaust

Hi,
I recently had repair man replace the exhaust pipes of the water heater unit and a separate heating unit, before he changed things, two separate pipes went from each unit into separate holes in the wall and into the flue, afterwards, he ran the water heater exhaust pipe into the heater exhaust pipe, and had the one exhaust pipe going into the wall, he then sealed up the other hole, where the water heater exhaust pipe was before. I was wondering if this could cause a problem of back flow of exhaust when one unit is on, and the other is off, causing exhaust to leak into the house.
Thanks very much Chris
posted for all of us...

farts. It was a gas to help you.

Two holes are not always better than one.
On 9 Nov 2006 17:45:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yep, we can all see it from here. I think the guy was just trying to be cheap and just use one pipe. Less cost for him so he can charge you more. You should demand he use both pipes. Maybe even use 3 pipes. Any exhaust leakage into the home just helps warm the space. Bubba
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No, as long it has the proper rise, was properly sized and has no/few sharp angles.