Heat wave Australia

: 8bit
Yesterday on the news they said the heat wave from down South had arrived in parts of Queensland and they had 48.5 c (119.3 f) in one town yesterday.
Hey that would make the air conditioning work hard <cough splutter>
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/warning-as-fires-burn-across-queensland-20130112-2cm3r.html
//The heat wave enveloping southwest Queensland’s channel country again pushed the mercury to new highs on Saturday, with Thargomindah
enduring a record 48.5C.\\
Birdsville has had 7 consecutive days over 42 with a maximum of 48 c.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/heatwave-hits-southern-queensland-20130108-2cdoe.html
Meanwhile, Birdsville is due to swelter through 42-48c degree heat for the seventh consecutive day today.
42 c = 107.6 f 48 c = 118.4
In NSW there are 90 bush fires raging.
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/national/horrible-fires-forecast-for-saturday/story-e6frfku9-1226552427756
//SEVERE weather fuelling bushfires across NSW has eased in some areas but at least 90 fires are still burning with one advancing on more than a dozen properties.\\
: 7bit
I worked at a construction camp in Australia where the temperatures used to get up around 112 f in summer, we found a problem with some 4 ton package units, they kept cutting out on high head pressure, they ran of R22. We change the refrigerant to R 500 (Carene 7) which fixed the problem. Yes, we lost a bit of capacity, but at least they kept running during the heat.