Heat stuck on!! Help

I have split system. Unit outside and other part under the house. It A/C and Heat unit also. Goodman unit. I have totaline thermostat p/n p474-0100
last 2 days when I come home heat has been stuck on. The system outside is not on. But im getting heat. It feels like EH (emergency heat) is what is on. But on Thermostat is does not show EH on. Now when I hold bottom O and ^ then it shows the EH on and red light comes on. Then when i hold buttons again light turns off and EH goes away but heat is still going. I have already called tech. Just would like to know what to look for and watch what he is going to be doing.
right now settings for Thermostat is:
Step#2         (display type dual or single)        2 Step#4        (heat pump)                on Step#5        (reversing Valve pofanity)        O Step#7        (Deadband)                2 Step#8        Min Diff heat/cool            2     Step#9        cycles per hour                d     Step#10    therm backlight                on     Step#11    F or C                    F
Here is link to manual http://www.iaqsource.com/pdf/p474_0100_man.pdf

1) Stat is lying to you 2) Low voltage wiring has decided to rewire itself to the wrong terminals (Gremlin stuff) 3) Heat sequencer is stuck (most likely)
Bubba

What kind of money are we talking here if thats the problem? Parts I looked at is around $20 to $30. So hopefully will not cost that much tomorrow and I can still have a christmas haha!

In this neck of the woods, with the service call, a generic sequencer(installed) and sales tax, your looking at a *minimum* of about $225, thats providing that the sequencer *IS* the problem and is the *ONLY* problem. After all, I want to have Christmas too.

I can live with that I guess. In last year I had to call them 3 times. starting to add up, bought house brand new only 4 years old. capistor, then something under house forgot the name but compasor was on but not blowing any air in house, then i was low freon. now this!!

Sounds like your thermostat is worn out. Have the tech run a thermostat test.

Doesn't the tech have to pass a urine test first??
Noon-Air posted for all of us...

Does that involve a lighter and an ice cube?

I studied three days for mine!

my first guess would be that your service company is hosing you. its not unheard of for a technician to cut the low voltage wire going to the a/c contactor while servicing your furnace. this ensures him another service call from you when it warms up, at which time he will cut the low voltage wire going to your furnace which will ensure him another service call when it gets cold again. call a different company this time.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

geez nathan, where do you dream up this shit? guilty conscious?
read thru the lines the OP has posted.....
goodman equipment, bottom of the barrel carrier t-stat, numerous problems on a 4 year new install. can you say cheap, all the way down the line?
ive seen it for myself.

not at all. integrity is the cornerstone upon which i both build my business, and credit my success.

ive seen some REALLY cheap shit out there, but not enough to justify that many service calls in such a short period of time. id really like to see the paperwork he has.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Well the problem was Heat sequencer. He said part was $106 and diag charge $80. But my part was under warranty so part only cost me $55. so total bill was $135 not too bad i guess. He then check out whole system, refrigerant, etc...
suction         60 head         200 volts 246     amps 5.6
ent 60f        lvg 52f
ent DB 70    LVG DB 112
thats about all i see on work order.
So what all do you think now. Good job or bad job, or time will tell :)
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:12:07 -0700, "Nathan In Montana"

where do you live (city/state)? this is important.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Who'd a thunk?

You were screwed over royally. Ask for all your money back. You should have gotten a new thermostat. Its almost always the thermostat. New low voltage wiring too. You dont want those electrons leaking out all over the place. Bubba

Bubba posted for all of us...

You are finally catching on with the wiring - you are teachable.

WIRELESS IS BEST!

$20 is the cost of the screws that hold the sequencer.............Each.............not including screw labor. Bubba