heat pump with gas furnace question

Ok. I've got a York Affinity series heat pump (2 stage) with a York NG furnace as a backup. Here's the question:

Should it , or should it not 'automatically' go on to the gas furnace when the heat pump is not satisfying the thermostat? I'm in a house that's not insulated, (soon to be, problem will probably go away) and with the thermostat on 76 and the outside temp at about 40, it was not able to bring the room above 72. I kept thinking it should kick in the furnace. I have a call in to my installer, and he was going to investigate it a bit. He was on a ladder at the time and not sure of the answer. I'm thinking this would almost have to be a function of the thermostat, as the heat pump logic would not know the room temperature. OR does it? The thermostat is the WR comfort set 90 model 1F95-377 . thanks for any input..

steve barker

Reply to
Steve Barker

It depends on the board in the furnace (if it has dipswitches or jumpers. It depends on the thermostat used. It depends on the way the thermostat was set up. It depends on how the installer wired it. The best way to control it is with the Honeywell IAQ stat (YTH9421C1010) but it aint a cheap stat. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

he put one of those in one of our other houses. That's the vision pro series right? I was wanting him to switch our personal one to one of those anyway. It's a lot eaiser to see.

thanks for the reply.

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

Don't be a cheapskate. Get the better stat.

By the way, how about not getting your panties in a wad until the house is finished, OK?

Reply to
Jim Dandy

Sorry to hear you have a W/R stat...

Install a Honeywell touchscreen and use it's dual fuel controls. Then you'll know what outdoor temp it's set at to change to the furnace.

Reply to
KJPRO

It's a lot easier to program and operate, Period.

Reply to
KJPRO

i dont remember getting my panties in a wad. Just wondering why it won't do what it's supposed to.

Steve Barker

Was it designed for a partially finished home or one that was completed?

Reply to
KJPRO

it was designed to heat.

Steve Barker

No shit.. The question was... here, I'll ask s-l-o-w-l-y this time.

W_a_s i-t d_e_s_i_g_n_e_d t-o h_e_a_t a p_a_r_t_i_a_l_l_y c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-d h_o_m_e o-r a c_o_m_p_l_e_t_e_d o-n-e ????

Reply to
KJPRO