heat pump repair/replace?

Hello,
I've got a HEIL heat pump (details below) that keeps blowing the circuit breaker. I replaced the 60A dual breaker today. I've tried having the unit controlled to "Off" and turn the breaker on, wait 5 minutes, then turn it to "Heat". The "Aux Heat" light flashes on for a second, then the circuit breaker trips.
Thursday we had a local HVAC shop replace the defrost sensor. The tech told my wife that also there was a valve that was sticking (reversing valve?), and showed her where to gently tap it where it might jostle it enough to work again. He said it would be around $800 (installed) to replace this part.
Is this unit worth the repair, or am I facing going to a new unit?
The details of the unit are: HEIL Heating and Cooling Products Date of Manufacture Apr 05, '93 Mfg # NPG5036AKB3 Style # 36PHB-000088ZR Model # PH5036AKB3
Thanks,
Ken
Ken get another opinion even if solenoid coil is shorted I do not believe that would trip 60 Amp. circuit breaker wires would burn first off the coil it seems to me that you have direct short some place but as is been said we/I are not there to diagnose the problem you could have bad condenser fan motor or even bad compressor or perhaps capacitors all items need to be look at. Good luck from Dido

Time to call another tech. Something is grounded, and making a short circuit to ground. Or something is bypassed, and is shorting across the breaker.
It's behaving like a bad wiring problem, or something worn and shorted.
The newer units should be more efficient, but this one sounds repairable.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

HAHAHAhahahaha!