Heat Anticipator-Heat Pump

I do not have a gas pack heat pump but have a t-stat with a heat anticipator. I know that the anticipator is adjusted for the amperage flow to the gas valve on gas packs but how is it adjusted for a heat pump unit with electric resistance heat? Does my system have the wrong t-stat?
Thanks for any help...
RTB PHX
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 03:00:58 GMT, "<Richard Berenson>"

A thermostat with a heat anticipator?? Oh my no. Thats all wrong. Where did you find something like that?

The molecular ions get excited and run around the nucleas of the heat strips. This high kinetic energy causes heat.

Yes, definately the wrong stat. Get a new one. Bubba

<Richard Berenson> wrote:

The cooling mode anticipator is fixed, the heating mode may have both stages using adjustable heat anticipators. Adjustable settings are specific to the specific equipment's components, leave those settings to the service tech! - udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

<Richard Berenson> wrote:

The cooling mode anticipator is fixed, the heating mode may have both stages using an adjustable or fixed heat anticipator. Adjustable settings are specific to the specific equipment's components, leave those settings to the service tech! - udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html
Model numbers.......t-stat for starters.