Hardware Requirements for Commercial AC unit.

I'm working as intern and one of the projects I'm working on is overseeing the installation of air conditioning in a storage warehouse (about 2300 sq ft.). We got a quote from an AC contractor for a 5 ton unit, but I'm not sure what else we need. The contractor said the quote does not include a gas line, a high voltage connection (we have to get an electrician), and a hole in the roof. What is the gas line for? What else is involved in the installation?

Reply to
cthofman

Use this link first:

You'll need to learn what components are generally involved, only then will any discussion about them amount to anything useful to you.

After you've read and digested the above link, go here and explore:

-zero

Reply to
-zero

gas thats for the heat side of the system

are you looking for AC only or heat as well

Reply to
Smiles

Are you sure?

Reply to
<kjpro

Someone out there is not actually stupid enough to be paying you as an intern for this job, are they? Can I have your company&#39;s phone number? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Unless they are getting Absorption system I did not see one of those in long time

Tony

Reply to
Tony