Hardware Requirements for Commercial AC unit.

I'm working as intern and one of the projects I'm working on is overseeing the installation of air conditioning in a storage warehouse (about 2300 sq ft.). We got a quote from an AC contractor for a 5 ton unit, but I'm not sure what else we need. The contractor said the quote does not include a gas line, a high voltage connection (we have to get an electrician), and a hole in the roof. What is the gas line for? What else is involved in the installation?

Use this link first:
http://home.howstuffworks.com/ac.htm
You'll need to learn what components are generally involved, only then will any discussion about them amount to anything useful to you.
After you've read and digested the above link, go here and explore:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPID,HPID:2006-18,HPID:en&q=how+air+conditioners+work
-zero
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

gas thats for the heat side of the system
are you looking for AC only or heat as well

Are you sure?
Unless they are getting Absorption system I did not see one of those in long time
Tony

On 24 May 2007 07:18:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Someone out there is not actually stupid enough to be paying you as an intern for this job, are they? Can I have your company's phone number? Bubba