group prayer

Dear Lord-- I am not a spring chicken anymore and my ass (cute ) is dragging on the hallowed hvac ground. Please give us some relief from this heat before we have the big ONE ! Oh and bless geoman, pjm, gofish, noone, Jake, Oscar ( well maybe not Oscar ) :-)), etc. PS: I hope you offer 72 virgins when I die- I would hate like hell to have to turn Muslim- Thanks and " AMEN"

Reply to
geojr

Not to add to your misery, but we had it at 105-110 for 12 days straight here.Pulled 15-16 hour days the entire time, still running no cools that were called in last week. Whoever thought 95 would feel so good. Glad it moved your way :)

Reply to
Al Moran

My best in the shade temp today was 101.7º. The hottest point that I found on the roof was, get this.. 171º, which was hot enough to make the tar repairs flow and become shiney. Nice. Did I mention that the return temp on the unit I was working on was 91º and the supply temp when done was 71º. A trying day to say the least.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Don't worry about me. I have already been blessed many times over with more than I deserve. Blessings to everyone else, however.

As for 72 virgins-- I'm not sure I want those. Two wives have been enough for me. If there was some sort of clause that said they went away after I was finished with them I would say "yes" for sure. If I have to put up with them for eternity and all their bitching, then I think I'll pass...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Ohh... Thats sound like hell... Good thing our temps here in Portland are in the high 70's this week... Oh for the sake of cool summers...

Not good for AC sales, but nice on me not sweating my ass off...

Reply to
oløenneker

"Oscar_Lives" wrote

Like the guy said to his wife when she asked him if he missed her... "How can I miss you when you won't go away?" The word "cunt" is an acronym for "Can't Understand Normal Thinking"...

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

If I had a nickel for every svc call of " I'm not cold enough" or "its blowing hot air" ........, and then having to explain the unit was in perfect operating condition.....

sure am glad the heat wave has moved east to bless the rest of you folks!! :-))

Reply to
gofish

Dear Lord -- thank you for blessing me with work the last couple weeks. Thank you for the heat wave which has brought dirty coils, bad compressors, undercharges, and shorted capacitors into my life once more. Thank you for the parts house guys who have five lines on hold, ten customers at the counter, and remember to set aside a couple hard start kits for me. Thank you for the AC that works in my truck, and for my old freezer at home which keeps ice in my water bottle during the day. Thank you for the few polite guys on this forum who have such gentle and sincere spirits. Please bless them with high markup calls, flux that keeps thier copper bright, gages that never flutter, and loving families when they return home. A curse upon the impolite demons of this group. May they have burnt out motors in attic crawl spaces. Bypassed shut off boxes, pennies behind the fuses, and open ground connections. May the impolite demons of this group have acid burnouts, leaky compressor shafts on their service vans, and oil leaks which spray into their carburetors. Please bless the sick and ill among us. That they may recover thier health, and post often. A special blessing on Turtle, who has counselled me through so many troubleshooting problems in the past. Please bless me this day that I may stay properly hydrated. Have the time and energy to study scriptures every day, and attend the temple more often. And these things I ask in the name of the Saviour Jesus Christ, Amen.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds like a lot too hot. What did you do, to cope with the heat? Bring your water bottle along, I'd guess.

Couple years ago, I had a drinking glass in my tool box. I used it often, on the job site.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One troubleshooting call I had a couple years ago. Me at the house, boss on the phone. We went through temps, pressure, and everything else. The only thing I could figure was that they were smokers. Every time they would step out for a light, they would leave the door open a minute or so. Can't keep letting in gulps of 93F humid air, and expect the house to stay cool.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Is this what your religion teaches you? That God is your personal "big bully" who will go after those who piss you off? Is God your ecclesiastical "godfather", your enforcer who roughs up people at your request? A thug who makes life miserable for those you determine to be in need of a "tune-up"? What ever happened to "judge not for ye shall be judged"? Or how about "walk a mile in another mans moccasins"? One of the primary reasons so many people are turned off of organized religion is because during a conflict, each side thinks God is rooting for them!

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

God has a wonderful way of eveing the score for people who are evil. I don't have to worry about revenge very much, any more.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

I guess that little boy in Toronto who was starved and beaten to death by his own grandparents must have been one evil son-of-a-bitch, eh? Or the two year old who burned to death in a fire. Or maybe God was busy that day punishing people for Mormons, and didn't see it happening.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

At Ford assembly plant the reported heat index was 168F Most went home.

Imagine the Heat Index at these plastic forming and steel plants. Our grandfathers were Tough guys! I think of that when I'm sweeting like a pig everywhere.

Geo Jr almost went down last week, his eyes were really distant looking and he had to get into some AC really quick.

Reply to
geoman

Fish, are you having local blackouts there in California?

Reply to
geoman

Idiot...I swear...but thanks to the likes of you, we are ALL pulling 20 hour days, and working like pigs this summer. I cant even start to tell you of the shit work we have seen and repaired.

Keep it up Chris, we legitimate guys love the likes of you.

Reply to
aka-SBM

LOL !!!

But you dont understand, the Muslim teachings are 72 virgins that you can do ANYTHING with,

Even in the afterlife they are viewed as nothing more than [excuse the expression] a piece of ass just above that of a goat! Property to own.

I once read an article that their is sado crap going on between the 72 and the man, if your into that.

So, if they bitch, put one of those rubber ball things in that act like a gag to shut them up!

What a great religion, every woman should rush to join.. LOL

Reply to
geoman

Gee ,I found it amazing how many mysterious phone calls, appointments, and other important matters that geoman had to rush back to his " airconditioned office " for during the heat spell. My , he seemed to be awfully busy back there ! :-))

Reply to
geojr

When Osama bin Laden died, he was met at the Pearly Gates by George Washington, who slapped him across the face and yelled, "How dare you try to destroy the nation I helped conceive!" Patrick Henry approached, punched him in the nose and shouted, "You wanted to end our liberties but you failed."

James Madison followed, kicked him in the groin and said, "This is why I allowed our government to provide for the common defense!"

Thomas Jefferson was next, beat Osama with a long cane and snarled, "It was evil men like you who inspired me to write the Declaration of Independence."

The beatings and thrashings continued as George Mason, James Monroe and 66 other early Americans unleashed their anger on the terrorist leader.

As Osama lay bleeding and in pain, an Angel appeared. Bin Laden wept and said, "This is not what you promised me."

The Angel replied, "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you in Heaven. What did you think I said?"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

personally, no. others nearby yup. some a few days.

transformers cooked & exploded, just like everywhere else the heat wave hit.

Reply to
gofish