Goodman sets the standard

at one of my vendors I picked up an interesting comparison chart listing suction tubing sizes req'd to achieve rated seer ratings for

1.5-5 ton splits

Carrier Goodman Lennox Trane Rheem

goodman shows 3/4 up thru 024, 7/8 for 030 & 1-1/8 up thru 060

lennox shows 3/4 up thru 030, 7/8 up thru 048, & 1-1/8 for 060

rheem shows 3/4 up thru 030, 7/8 up thru 042, &1-1/8 up thru 060

trane is identical to rheem except 5/8 for 018

carrier shows 5/8 up thru 024, 3/4 up thru 036, 7/8 up thru 048, &

1-1/8 for 060

so whats different, coil fin spacing? nominal cfm? fudge factor?

Reply to
gofish

They figure it makes up for the lack of a proper vacuum?

Reply to
<kjpro

I believe the difference is what each Mfg.&#39;s thought is on suction losses, oil return, and capacity losses "vs." line length. Didn&#39;t they list also "limits" for line length at the recommend line sizes?

Reply to
Zephyr

0-24 feet.
Reply to
gofish

Maybe its to make sure the homeowner and hack can&#39;t plug up the line with a roll of soldier .............

Seems Carrier has the best value when it comes to copper size/costs.

Reply to
Geoman