Goodman sets the standard

at one of my vendors I picked up an interesting comparison chart listing suction tubing sizes req'd to achieve rated seer ratings for 1.5-5 ton splits
Carrier Goodman Lennox Trane Rheem
goodman shows 3/4 up thru 024, 7/8 for 030 & 1-1/8 up thru 060
lennox shows 3/4 up thru 030, 7/8 up thru 048, & 1-1/8 for 060
rheem shows 3/4 up thru 030, 7/8 up thru 042, &1-1/8 up thru 060
trane is identical to rheem except 5/8 for 018
carrier shows 5/8 up thru 024, 3/4 up thru 036, 7/8 up thru 048, & 1-1/8 for 060
so whats different, coil fin spacing? nominal cfm? fudge factor?

They figure it makes up for the lack of a proper vacuum? <g>
I believe the difference is what each Mfg.'s thought is on suction losses, oil return, and capacity losses "vs." line length. Didn't they list also "limits" for line length at the recommend line sizes?
--
Zyp

<kjpro @ usenet.com> wrote in message
"Zephyr" wrote:

0-24 feet.

Maybe its to make sure the homeowner and hack can't plug up the line with a roll of soldier .............
Seems Carrier has the best value when it comes to copper size/costs.